Chapter 14

Why does it have to be like this? I failed to protect Amelia and our pup. Why does she have to be my mate? I'm not good enough for her. She suffered being here with me because I couldn't protect her. She deserve someone better than me. She deserve to be happy.

"Brother" Leah called out and I turned my face to see her. She sighed and said, "You know, you should eat. Amelia won't be happy if she finds out that you haven't eat anything" I ignored her and turned my face to look at Amelia. I grabbed her hand and said, "I'm sorry, Amelia. I couldn't protect our child"

Leah put her hand on my shoulder before she walked out of the room. I layed my head on the edge of the hospital bed and a soft voice said, "Jayce?" I lift my head from the bed and I looked deep into Amelia's eyes. She's awake. She burst into tears and I wiped it away. "Our baby" she said as she cried. "Shh. Amelia, it's okay" I comforted her as I hugged her.

Amelia's P.O.V

I buried my face into Jayce's chest, crying. I can't believe I lost my child. I'm sorry, Alec. I'm really sorry! I couldn't protect our child. The doctor came in and said, "Luna, I'm glad that you're awake. Let me check you first and then you can go" I pulled back and smiled at the doctor as she checked me.

"You're all good. You can go now, Luna" she said and I nodded as she walked out of the room. Jayce took my hand and smiled at me. I took a deep breath and stood from the hospital bed. Jayce help me walk and I took a shower as soon as we arrived at our room.

After a long shower, I put on a white long sleeve t-shirt and skinny jeans. I walked over to the table and took the box that my father gave me. I opened it to see a necklace with a silver key and a red ruby hanging on it. I took the small folded paper with my name written on it. The paper seems a bit old and yellowish. I unfolded it and read it.

My dear daughter, I'm really sorry that I couldn't live longer. Please keep the necklace I gave you. Keep it safe and don't give it to anyone. Don't trust people so easily. You'll find out why I'm telling you to keep it safe. Wear it and don't ever take it off. Love you, my dear daughter.

- James Kingston

"Amelia!" someone called out. I folded the paper and put it in the drawer as I hid the necklace along with them. I turned around and saw Leah, grinning at me. "Amelia, I'm glad you're okay. I'm sorry that I didn't protect you well" I shook my head as I walked over to her.

"It's okay, Leah. It's not your fault anyway. You tried your best to protect me though. Thank you for the help" I thanked her as I smiled at her. She gave me a tight smile and said, "If you need any help, call me okay?" I nodded before she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

I took out the necklace and looked at it. I wonder what's so important with this necklace. I put it on and Blake barged into my room. What the heck is wrong with these people?! Can they atleast knock the door before coming in? "Amelia, come with me to the office, please" he said, politely. I nodded and I followed him to the office.

We finally came to a stop in front of a tall dark brown wooden door and Blake knocked. We walked in after we were told to come in and I saw Jayce talking to a dark brown hair girl. Why is he talking to that girl anyway? Is he cheating on me?! I looked around and saw a guy with a blonde hair sitting on the couch.