Chapter 4: more bots

3 robots came through the ground bridge the first one, HighBeams, at least Lacy assumed that was his name, was a sleek blue color, he had a still smoking hole in his shoulder. the second one who was helping the 3rd to walk was heavyset like Bulkhead but was a bright yellow and carried a hammer with sharp blades on one end. He had black scorch marks on his chest. the final bot that came through was most certainly female, she was aqua and magenta and she looked a bit like Arcee but was quite a bit taller and her head was well, different. It had a sort of crescent shape on top of it. she was missing her right leg and was hobbling , leaning on the other robot for support.

"HighBeams what happened here?" Optimus asked.

"Some Cons shot at us as we were entering the ground bridge." HighBeams replied, "Aquastrike needs immediate medical attention."

"I can see that" Ratchet interrupted.

He had already seated Aquastrike on his medical table and was doing scans.

"HammerBlade! Buddy!" Bulkhead ran towards the yellow bot, seeming ecstatic.

"Bulkhead! Good to see you still up and running again!" HammerBlade responded. The two chest bumped.

"Another one of your wrecker pals?" Asked Miko.

"Only the best of the best Miko only the best."

"Who's this? Your new best friend?" Hammerblade asked.

"He's my Guardian." Miko explained.

"The Autobots have gone into babysitting?"

"They saw us and we need to protect them from the Decepticons." Bulkhead said. They continued to converse.

Bumblebee walked over to HighBeams.

"Bumblebee old pal! How are you rollin' these days?"

"Voo voo bzzz"

"Hey Bee? Desepticon got your voice transistor?" HighBeams asked jokingly. "well good to see you still in one piece buddy."

Meanwhile Ratchet had finished with his scans and had gotten out his spare parts box, he found a similar leg to Aquastrike's and began to modify it. once complete he attached it to what was left of Aquastrike's leg. "There good as new. Try it out" he said. Lacy watched this operation with interest but stayed quiet. "thanks Doc, it's great." Aquastrike said standing up and walking towards Arcee, "it's been a while." she said.

"Yeah" Arcee replyed. she couldn't really muster up anything more to say.

Optimus Prime interrupted all their conversations "if you intend to stay here you will each need to find a vehicle mode. I'm sure you all wouldn't mind helping?" Optimus Prime, Lacy could have sworn, smirked. Everyone was ecstatic to assist their friends old or new.

"Alright," said Raff "HighBeams, do you want a ground vehicle a sea vehicle or an air vehicle?" He pulled out his computer.

"I like to keep my feet on the ground." HighBeams stated.

"Ok so ground vehicle. Sports car?" He pulled up a google search of sports cars.

"Ooh! That one!" HighBeams pointed to an image of a BMW 528i.

"Ok. We'll have to find one at night at the local BMW dealer."

"Aquastrike, water vehicle?" Jack suggested.

"No way! Water transformers have strange voices." Aquastrike said "air is more like it."

"So a plane. A forest fire fighting plane?"

"You got it buddy!" Aquastrike seemed to be happy to have found a vehicle so quickly.

"Hammerblade! how about... A dump truck" Bulkhead said.

"Bulkhead you know me to well." The yellow bot said.

"Now that you have all chosen, you will have to find these vehicles tonight in order to scan them and take on their form. Until then I'll have Ratchet take a look at you to make sure you aren't badly injured and to have you all take a decontaminating bath, just to take all precautions."

"What about us?" Jack asked

"You can go play for the time being. I don't believe we shall need you again today."

"Oh ok" Raff seemed disappointed somehow.

Lacy jumped back up on the railing to watch Ratchet work. Ratchet, noticing her there for the first time, gruffly he said "why don't you go play with the others?"

Lacy gestured towards the other kids who were deeply engrossed in hanging out with their Autobots.

"They're busy. Besides I'm interested! don't worry I'll be quiet."

Ratchet reached out his hand "come here" he said. Lacy stepped onto his ginormous hand. "now when one of them goes into that chamber over there you press this button to start the decontamination sequence"

"Ok got it" Lacy said.

"HighBeams go ahead." Ratchet told the blue robot, he entered the chamber and Lacy pressed the button.

"Simple enough." She said.

"Now," said Ratchet, "this screen is showing the scan of HighBeams for contamination."

"He's clean right?" Asked Lacy.

"Boy she learns fast." Ratchet mumbled. "yes he's clean."

The rest of the afternoon went pretty much the same. and as soon as all the children were at their houses the Autobots went to work finding the new Autobots their vehicle modes. Each group was transported to the location needed to find the chosen vehicle of each new bot. Bumblebee and HighBeams went to the BMW dealership in town and found what they were looking for without a hitch.

"Perfect!" HighBeams said "even better than I imagined!" Once he had scanned it and transformed into a sleek blue BMW he called out "ok bee lets go home" the ground bridge opened in front of them and soon they were back at headquarters.

Arcee and Aquastrike, and Bulkhead and Hammerblade's vehicle searches also went without a hitch.

"Well that's that!" Aquastrike stated as she stretched her new wings.

"Strange that there was no Decepticon activity tonight." Optimus said "they must be planning something big, and it's coming soon."