Chapter 2: Woah!

Lacy woke up but kept her eyes closed "mom I had the strangest dream, there were talking cars that turned into robots. And it was weird."

"Weird? Me weird?" Said a deep voice.

"Yes you weird!" Said a Japanese voice, "most humans react that way to Autobots the first time, Bulkhead. You should know that by now."

Lacy jumped,realizing it was not a dream or that it wasn't over yet."AAH!" She yelled "the talking robots are real!"

Two boys came around the side of the ambulance Lacy found herself in.

"Just calm down a sec, the taller one said. "How about we introduce ourselves." Said the smaller one.

"Hi. I'm Jack. This is Raff and Miko. You are at Autobot headquarters."

"I'm Lacy. Where am I?" She demanded.

"That's classified information." The voice came from all around her.

"The robot?" Lacy inquired.

"Again with the questions!" The voice said agitated, "now please get off of me, I have very important work to do."

Lacy tried to scramble out of the back of the ambulance and tripped. As she fell she heard the all to familiar, sound of transformation. She landed on a large white metal palm. "Th-thanks uh Ratchet wasn't it?"

Ratchet grumbled "good your memory chip seems to be intact"

"Huh?" Asked Lacy.

"We've just learned to roll with it." Miko explained.

"Oh of course" Lacy said as if that explained everything.

The Truck robot rounded the corner.

Ratchet put lacy down

The truck bot spoke "I see our friend has awakened." He turned to Lacy, "Greetings human. I am Optimus Prime and these are the Autobots."all the other robots, as if on cue stepped out from seemingly random places in the room "We come from a far away planet called cybertron where we were locked in combat with the Decepticons for many Millennia."

"So why am I here?"

"It is for your own protection that you are here." Said Optimus "the Decepticons can tell if you have had contact with us and it is imperative that you are kept safe."

"Right" Lacy said "but I can't stay here. My mother will worry."

"You will be returned to your home at night. Ratchet will be your guardian."

"Woah woah woah woah woah! No I won't. Optimus, you know I can't deal with human children!"

"Never the less Ratchet you shall accompany her and watch over her."

"Ohh but Optimus!"

"No buts." Said Optimus.

"Fine" Ratchet said almost seeming to detest the idea of driving a human being home. He turned and started working on a computer.

"Optimus? May we show her around?" Asked Miko.

"Yes." And before Optimus could say anything more Miko had draged Lacy around the corner and down one of the side halls. When she noticed Bulkhead wasn't following her she yelled "Bulkhead! When I said may we show her around I meant you also!"

"Coming!" Came the low reply. A large green offroader came around the corner. It transformed into a heavyset robot.

"Thankyou" said Miko "now this is the, um, the,"

"Hallway" Bulkhead said helpfully.

"Right" Miko said.

The tour was rather short as there wasn't much to see, as there really was only one room they ever did anything in.

"And uh that's the base" said Bulkhead who had really run out of things to talk about.

"It really is too bad you get mister lame instead of wicked cool Optimus Prime!" Miko said.

"What do you mean?" Asked Lacy.

"Ratchet is kind of...well he's" Bulkhead grasped for words.

"Grumpy" Miko suggested.

They walked into the control room. Raff had been the only one to hear them, fortunately.

"He's not too bad once you get to know him." Said Raff.

"I think he just feels under appreciated thats all." Lacy said "And if you can't see that I don't see how I can hang with you. Besides you all seem close to your guardians!"

"Yeah I suppose you're right." Miko said.

Optimus came towards them. "It is time for you all to return to your homes." He said.

"You got it Sir!" Lacy said.

"Lacy you mustn't tell anyone about this place. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sir."

"Good. And Lacy?"

"Yes sir?" Lacy said

"Don't call me sir."

Lacy giggled "yes si-r I mean Optimus."

As each of the children went to their respective vehicles they transformed and Optimus stood by the ground bridge controls "Ratchet, roll out!"

Ratchet's engine roared to life and Lacy felt him lurch forward. She stared in awe at the ground bridge as she was transported to her hometown. She sat quietly until she was near her house.

"I'll get out here if that's ok Ratchet. My mother would freak if she saw me riding with a stranger."

"Alright." Ratchet said, great full for the lack of questions. "I suppose I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you Ratchet." Lacy said.

As Lacy walked off towards her house Ratchet said to himself "well at least she's polite."