Chapter 14

Recap

"Well, let me start from the beginning..."

Rea's POV

"As you know, the last of the white wolves died out centuries ago. Do you know the purpose of those white wolves?" He asked. "They were chosen and sent by the moon goddess herself to protect our kind and to ensure peace and harmony existed between werewolves and other supernaturals and humans." Abe nodded and continued. "Correct. When the last white wolf died out, the moon goddess vowed to send another in the future known as the chosen one. The prophecy tells us the chosen one will have had to overcome great difficulties and tests to survive but would win through it all, against the odds. It will be their job to defeat the darkness waiting to engulf the world. The moon goddess bestowed this chosen one with powers that once learnt and under control could be used for good or bad. They are powers extremely powerful but dangerous if used improperly." He paused, giving us time for our brains to catch up. "Some of the signs that indicate who the chosen one is are: 1) they are obviously a white wolf, 2) they can mask their scent easily 3) they shift at 16yrs and rumour has it the chosen one's wolf is called Rosie..." I gasped as I realised these signs all applied to me. "These all apply to you do they not Rea." I nodded silently, shocked into silence. "Now, red wolves. I know you encountered one Rea after I left you and I regret I couldn't return to help you but I had received urgent word and warning from my brothers, the first contact we've had in years. Anyway, more about that later. Red wolves are larger than average wolves and have red fur and red eyes. Their alpha is double the size of an omega and possess darkness and evil. He posses dark magic, old magic and is the darkness waiting to engulf the world that the prophecy states the chosen one will have to fight. The chosen one has to use her powers to counter the powers of the alpha of the red wolves. It will be a battle where evil and dark magic will be pitted against goodness and pure magic. It is a battle that many have dreamed of seeing yet dread at the same time because of the intensity of the powers involved. Red wolves are wolves that have no soul. They have intentionally and knowingly killed their mate, members of their mate's family and or of their own family using their own hands. This can be any method raging from strangling to shooting but it is murder committed them self purposely. Red wolves are dangerous creatures that threaten the existence of the peaceful harmony of the supernaturals and humans. However, they are incredibly hard to kill. They have amazing healing skills and the gift of healing 3x quicker than a normal werewolf-" Jake 's wolf growled lowly. "And you expect me to let my mate enter upon such danger?!" He growled so I put my hand on his arm. The effect was instant. He turned to me and calmed down immediately, pulling me into the side so he was hugging me. Rosie purred with delight and I was pretty happy too, I have to admit. "Jake. I understand your concern for your mate but the powers given to her by the goddess will help protect both herself and her loved ones. Now, as I was saying, I have received word from my brothers for the first time in decades. And it's not looking good. The alpha of the red wolves, Kieran, is reaching the height of darkness. The evil is growing within him and he will strike soon. Rea, with you and your mates' permission, we have to start training your now. We have 8-10 months at the maximum. You need to be an expert fighter in both human and wolf form. We will also work on you using your powers." Jake and I both agreed to this and Abe smiled. "Good. We'll start tomorrow. I'll be here everyday from 2pm-6pm to work with you on your magic. The rest of the time, you must train in both human and wolf form. Although you have powers, you need to be able to fight without them. You cannot rely on them as it takes time to concentrate and call them. You need to be able to fight. And Jake, I'm sorry to say this war will include your pack. I'm afraid that Silver Lake Pack will need to call reinforcements, an allied pack possibly and you must work on making sure all of your fighters are in top condition and top fighting form." Jake nodded. "I'll contact Moon River Pack. I was with them a while ago helping them train as we are allied. They are a large pack so will be ideal. Is it ok to announce to our pack and their pack Rea's identity and the prophecy? They would be helping is after all..." Abe nodded. "Yes. In the meanwhile, I'll talk to the witches, vampires and angels. I think Kieran's army will consist of more than red wolves... 'Till tomorrow." With that cheerful farewell, he disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Jake turned to Luke and Sam. "Order a mandatory pack meeting. We will reveal everything to them and then travel to Moon River Pack and rally their support." The two men nodded and left the room. Jake pulled me closer if that was even possible and held me tight. "I love you." He whispered in my ear. I stiffened slightly. I had never been told that before by anyone. I took a breath and told him the four words I've been afraid to say ever since I'd met him. "I love you too."