Beside You - Chp. 21A

In the last chapter...

And with that, the tiny spark of hope I had that she'd call me up some time and tell me she remembers it all and the even tinier glimpse of hope that she'd say "And hey, I love you too by the way" died forever.

And what's life worth living for now?

-

I felt your ghost tonight

And I felt like hell

To know you're almost mine

But dreams are all I feel

I, I saw your ghost tonight

It fucking hurt like hell

I felt you here tonight

But dreams can't all be real

-

Jade

I look outside the small airplane window and sigh. I'd been trying to sleep for the past ten hours, but I just can't get my mind to shut up. Gladly, I have my laptop with me, containing the memory card from my camera.

I put my headphones on and pick the latest folder that the card holds. There are pictures and videos from the trip we made, so I just choose to click on the first video there is.

I recognize the moment and instantly have to smile. On the road, we had a little jam session in the van where we all sang along to Teenage Dirtbag and Michael would sometimes mess up the notes on purpose. When he realized that I was recording him, he was all shy out of nowhere and stopped singing.

"Stop it, Peterson!" he laughed it off and I focused the camera on Catherine, who was kind of dancing weirdly - yes, while sitting in the van, that didn't stop her - and I just now see how Ashton was always glancing over to her with a smile on his lips while driving.

We all had such a great time. And now, I haven't seen them all since what had happened.

I miss them. I miss watching trash movies with Jazmyne, Catherine and Caroline and hearing their stories about the boys. I miss the boys and witnessing how they'd always mock one another. I miss playing games with Michael and talking to him and being around him in general.

I cannot wait for this plane to land in a few hours.

Caroline

I glance over to Jade's laptop screen, as I just woke up from a six hour long nap and wanted to know what she was up to.

She's watching a video from our trip and I see Calum in it.

I've only seen him through a screen for far too long now. I miss him like crazy and I can't thank him enough for helping me raise the money to get these plane tickets. I remember our conversation from when I called him back after we realized Jade had gotten her memory back.