Long Way Home - Chp. 8

In the last chapter...

I really hoped they would stop. Even though Jade wasn't my girlfriend, I still wished she was. I love to make her laugh and I'm happy when I'm with her. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever met.

I could stare at her forever. When I'm with her, I don't have to lie or be shy. I think she is my soulmate, but I'm scared to tell her already. So I kept silent.

I put my arms around her so she wouldn't feel alone when she was asleep. I didn't want her to have nightmares, I know how bad that is. I have them every night. I just feel the need to protect her, and I will. 

Caroline

I woke up unintentionally because somebody was shaking me. I opened my eyes, ready to beat the shit out of whoever was interrupting my sleep. Jade was standing next to me, grunting. "Finally! I thought you'd never wake up again," she complained. "What do you want? It's way too early!" I griped displeased. "EARLY? It's 12 o'clock, young lady! Everyone else is already awake," she said.

"When... Calum?" I was too tired to form a proper sentence. "About three hours ago! Do you want me to pour water over your face or will you get up yourself now?". "Oh, you know, I'm kinda thirsty anyway". "Well, you're not giving me any other choice. CALUUUM", she screamed and before I knew what was happening, he was standing next to me and began to tickle me.

I screamed under laughter, but Calum didn't stop and said: "Rise and shine, buttercup!", "Calum Thomas Hood, don't you DARE call me Buttercup!", he stopped. "Okay". I was surprised that he did, but he already smirked. "Buttercup." At this point I didn't complain, because he wouldn't stop then and so I just rolled my eyes.

He booped my nose and smiled happily when we left the bed to join the others.

Jade

I had already left Caroline's room when they came to us and we clapped. "Oh my god, she is awake!" and we laughed. They sat down and I asked them what they wanted to do before driving back home today.

Jazmyn and Catherine told me that they wanted to explore the city and maybe go shopping. I kinda wanted to stay in today, and the boys agreed to that. I showed the girls the best shops and some sights they could go to. They packed their stuff and Ashton and Luke gave them a kiss before they left. "See you later!" I yelled after them.

The boys sat on the couch with us and we talked about basically everything when a question came to my mind. "Hey Luke, Ash?", "Yeah?" they replied. " How did you get to know Catherine and Jazmyn?" I asked curiously.

Luke was the first to tell me. "Oh um, I know Jazmyn since elementary but we hated each other at first. Two years ago we met again and somehow we fell in love with each other and I can call her my lovely girlfriend since then". Caroline and me went like "Aww that's cute!" at the same time.

Luke smiled proudly and then Ashton started to talk. "Last year when we were in Vegas and slept in a Hotel, I mistook Catherine for a maid and asked her if I could get some towels. Well, she was pretty pissed. I was so ashamed of myself and couldn't just leave it that way, so I invited her to dinner and hoped she would forgive me. Let's just say it wasn't easy, but after two months we were together and i couldn't be happier."

We couldn't help but laugh about the maid-thing, but then we aww'd in unity again. "Those are both really sweet stories, I'm happy for you guys", I said and they smiled.

We kept chatting for a while, when suddenly Michael's stomach growled loudly. An awkward silence followed. Caroline looked at me and said: "Umm I think we're gonna go cook something now?" and Michael laughed. "I'm sorryyy", "It's okay," I laughed.