Why Won't You Love Me - Chp. 20

In the last chapter...

But now, I'm starting to relive every single moment that was locked away from me.

And yet, I always catch my thoughts rolling back to Michael. 

-

  Some words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
"Don't ever leave," she said to me

When we both fall asleep, underneath the same sky
To the beat of our hearts at the same time
So close but so far away
(Can you hear me?)

She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was
Beside you  

-

Ashton

Michael's fallout last night made us realize how bad the situation really is. Up to the point where we had to consider cancelling the rest of ROWYSO. Talking to our manager didn't really help me with that decision.

"Get Michael under control ASAP or you are done. Done making money and most certainly done getting famous. We don't need him running off stage and blowing the concert. Either make that stop or try getting someone else to manage this mess of a band that you kids actually are. You won't find a single person stupid enough to do that to themselves."

After giving our manager a death glare instead of a piece of my mind - which afforded a huge amount of self-control - I left to meet up with Luke and Cal to discuss this. 

Our whole life's work was hanging in the balance and we have to figure out how to keep going and help Michael overcome his pain.

Michael

After yet another night with the same nightmare, I just couldn't get myself out of bed and decided to spend some time flicking through twitter, as our fans' tweets usually light up my day, even though I don't always like or reply. 

Reading through the sweet things they write to us - especially the DMs - just keeps me going.

Out of the blue, I get a tweet notification.

@jadepete: "what on earth did I think about all the time before you?"

Realizing that she must be writing this about somebody else broke my heart. It's been weeks and she's already in love with some other guy. I mean, I don't really know what I was expecting.

She wouldn't think about me anymore. I've completely vanished from her life. Of course she would start over. Meet new people, people who are probably way more interesting than me.

But from what I've seen, she doesn't let anyone in that fast. Oh, stop it Michael, you're being pathetic. She isn't the person that you got to know anymore. She's her past self, she doesn't know you, she'll never even spend another second thinking about you. Her life's already much better without you.

And with that, the tiny spark of hope I had that she'd call me up some time and tell me she remembers it all and the even tinier glimpse of hope that she'd say "And hey, I love you too by the way" died forever.

And what's life worth living for now?