Chapter 30

Avi POV

I have been laying face down on Kirstie's bed for awhile now. I should probably get up and be productive... Well that would be an option, buuuut, I have a cut in my back.. Suddenly, I felt something or someone rather, flop down next to me.

"What the?.." I lifted my head to see Kirstie.

"Hey babe." I laughed.

"Feeling any better?" She asked rubbing my shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess." I chuckled.

"Kev wanted to come see you. He'll be up in a minute." She said and pecked my lips.

"He can get up the stairs?"

"Well he'll need some help with that, but Scott will help him." She smiled.

"Do you want anything?" She asked, getting up.

"Some food would be exquisite!" I grinned.

"Okay, I'll bring you and Kev up some sandwhiches." She smiled and kissed my head.

"Thanks, babe."

"Yeah, thanks Kirst."

I quickly sit up and whirl around to face the door.

"Kev.." I said nearly inaudible.

He was limping and looked in pain. I almost teared up at the sight of my brother like this.

"Hey man." He chuckled and limped his way over to me.

He slightly groaned in pain as he sat next to me.

"Ouch." He chuckled.

"How's your ankle feeling?"

"Good, I guess." He said lifting his foot. "It's still swollen and hurts, but hey. How's your back?" He asked concerned.

"Eh, alright. Nothing a little rest can't fix."

"That was a real brave thing you did for Kirst and the rest of us." He smiled, patting me on the shoulder.

"I don't know man, I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. Thank you, really."

"My pleasure. I gotta have my brother's back. I mean someone's gotta watch out for ya." He laughed ruffling my hair.

"Hey!" I laughed, and pushed him slightly.

"Calm down boys! Here's some food!" Kirstie laughed, bringing in food.

"YEES!" Kevin and I said at the same time.

We went for the food, but Kirstie pulled it away.

"Hey now! This took a lot of energy what do I get in return?" She asked.

"Weeeeeell...." I said walking slowly over to her before stealing a quick kiss.

She just laughed and handed us our food.

"I can't get up so come here." Kevin said.

She walked over and he pecked her cheek.

"Thanks Kirst." He smiled.

"You bet!" She smiled. "Need anything else?"

We mumbled our responses along the lines of 'nah we're good or we're fine'.

"Okay, love you two! Just call of you need something!" She said as she walked out the door.

"Love you too!" We said at the same time.

"Wow! She makes good sandwhiches!" Kevin said wide-eyed.

"Yup, I got a good one." I smirked.

"That ya did, that ya did." He laughed.