Chapter 18

AN: ;)

Kirstie POV

We all proceeded to walk down the beach, gazing at the sunset glistening over the water. I separated myself from everyone, not too far though, just enough for me to think clearly. How am I going to do this?... I thought of every way this could turn out, most ending negative. But I have to do it, Avi deserves to know.

Okay, Kirstie. You got this, you got th-

Suddenly my thoughts were interupted.

"Hey, can we walk?"

I turned to see Avi.

"Oh, y-yeah sure." I studdered.

"Cool, come on." He smiled.

We walked down the beach away from the others in silence, although I didn't really notice because I was still parinoid about how I was going to handle this. But I think Avi realized the awkward silence, and tried to break it.

"So uh.... The sunset it really pretty. Don't you think?"

"Yeah. It is." I gave a weak smile.

That's it. I'm going to do it. I can't put this off any longer or I wont ever get the courage to do it.

"Avi, I need to-" I said at the exact time as he said,

"Kirst, I need to-"

"Oh, sorry. Go ahead." He apologized.

"Oh no it's fine. You go ahead." I insisted.

"Ladies first. Please." He smiled.

His smile was warm and comforting. It felt like he wouldn't judge me for what I'm about to do.

"Okay... Well, um...."

Wow this is harder than I thought.

"I really need to tell you something.." I started, my heart began pounding inside my chest with adrenaline.

"Yes. Anything." He said giving me his undivided attention.

"I......... Really.... Like you, Avi. Like, more than a friend. I know it's really wierd, and I don't blame you if you never want to talk to be again, but I just thought you deserved to know." I clenched my teeth waiting for a response. Nothing.

I can feel the tears swell up in my eyes as the silence between us continued. I knew he didn't feel the same way! All my emotions built up inside of me and were about to explode out at any given moment. I need to leave. It's bad enough I told him my feelings and he hasn't even responded, but to cry in front of him. I wont let that happen.

"I-I'm sorry.." I said and began to quickly walk away.

Just as I thought I was going to get away from this horrible moment, he grabbed my arm.

"Kirstie, wait." He pulled me to face him, his hand still gripping gently on my arm.

"Look, Avi. You don't have to tell me you don't feel the same way, I know. Can we please just pretend this never happ-"

I was cut off my his lips slamming into mine, shutting me up.

His hand moved from my arm to my waist pulling me closer and his other moved to my face, cupping it gently and with care. We pulled away just enough to gaze into eachothers eyes. I had no words. I couldn't speak no matter how hard I tried.

"I love you." He said a smile forming on his lips.

"I...I-" I didn't know what to say.

"I thought..... You didn't.... I th- you wouldn't.... I-" he cut me off.

"Are you kidding?! Who wouldn't be in love with you? I've wanted to tell you for the longest, but I never thought you'd feel the same." He said moving both his hands to my waist while mine found their way to his chest.

"Why me? I mean, you deserve better than me.." I said looking away.

He gently grabbed my chin to turn my gaze back to him.

"You're the best there is." He said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear, then leaving his hand to cup the side of my face once again.

I looked away and blushed and he chuckled. I looked up at him, confused.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You're so cute." He said, placing another soft kiss on my lips.

This time being prepared, I kissed back, bringing my hands from his chest to his hair. His beard against my skin tickled, causing me to giggle and pull away slightly, moving my hands from his hair to the back of his neck.

"Does my beard tickle?" He asked smiling.

"How'd you know?" I smiled back.

"Just a guess." He said and purposly rubbed his chin on my cheek.

"Stop!" I giggled, trying to pull away, but he wouldn't let me. His grip tightend around my waist and pulled me closer.

"What? You don't like it?" He teased.

"No." I tried to say seriously, but failed and ended up laughing.

He laughed and released his grip on me.

"Should we head back?" He asked.

"Probably, it's getting late."

"Alrighty then." He said, grabbing my hand and heading off.

"Wait, Avi." I stopped him.

"Yes?" He turned around, facing me and intertwining both of his hands with mine.

"Should we go ahead and tell them? Or let them suffer a bit?" I winked.

"......suffer." He smirked.

Everyone has been waiting for us to get together, we both knew it. So we decided it's time for payback. Avi told me that he had told Kevin he was going to tell me, and I told him I did the same with Mitch.

"Soooo.... What's our excuse for not 'dating' already." He asked.

"Simple. We just say we didn't have the guts to confess, and leave it at that." I say.

"Awe, you're so smart, babe." He smiled.

"Babe, huh?"

"Duh! You's muh babe." He said kissing my nose over dramatically.

I scrunched my nose as he dramatically kissed it.

"MWWAHHHHH!"

"Crazy." I chuckled.

"Thank you." He proudly smiled.

"Okay, lets go, crazy." I said and we continued back the way we came.

AN: Heyyyyy!! Well, there it is. The moment you all have been waiting for ;) lol well thanks for reading and voting hope y'all liked the chapter! And happy Friday! <3

*blows kiss*

Goood byeeeeeeeeeee