Chapter 29

The five teens piled into Evan's car, Quinn sitting in the front next to Evan, bouncing her knee.

"Hey, Quinny, it'll be fine," Zoe said, setting her hand on the girl's shoulder.

Quinn touched Zoe's hand. "Thanks, Zo."

They finally got to the hospital and Quinn spotted Jared sitting in the waiting room. She ran over to him.

"You asshole!" she said, punching his arm.

"Ow! The fuck was that for?"

"You didn't leave a note, you didn't text, you didn't call me! For all I knew, you were dead in some ditch in Nova Scotia!"

Jared rubbed his arm. "Okay, well, calm down, I'm fine. Gabe got in a car wreck when he was heading home with his sister."

"I'm sorry, what?" Quinn asked. "He What?"

"I'm just as upset as you are, Quinn."

"So, What actually happened? You know, is he-"

"One of his ribs punctured his left lung. He's not going to be able to do the rest of the shows. I know that's what you're wondering."

"Wha- I'm offended!"

"But that's what you wanted to know, isn't it?"

"...yeah." Quinn turned to Jared. "How are you doing? Are you okay? Have you had anything to eat or drink?"

"Mrs. Goodman gave me some," he said, holding up a large bottle.

(A/n: whoa that surprise reference)

"We should get going," Zoe said, wrapping Quinn in a hug from behind. "It's almost 3 am."

Quinn tipped her head back onto Zoe's shoulder. "You're right."

Jared looked at the two. "Why are girls so affectionate? If Evan and I did that, people would assume we were dating."

"I'm not sure, bro," Quinn said as Zoe let go of her. She walked over to Jared. "Get home soon, okay?" She hugged her brother. "I'll see you later. We have breakfast at the diner, don't forget."

As they were walking out, Zoe and Quinn fell behind the rest of the group.

"Are you ever going to tell him?" Zoe asked.

"Yeah. Eventually. Before I go to college. Maybe."

Zoe sighed as Quinn caught up to the rest of the group.