Chapter 16

"Guess what day it is, bitches!" Quinn said, throwing open the door to the Hansen household.

Evan groaned and untangled himself from Connor. "Quinn, must you do this every year?"

"What? What's going on?" Connor asked.

"THIS IS HALLOWEEN THIS IS HALLOWEEN PUMPKINS SCREAM IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT!" She bellowed, dancing through the house.

"I'm still confused," Connor said.

"It's October first," Jared said, walking into the house and rolling his eyes at his sister's antics.

"THIS IS HALLOWEEN!"

"Quinn starts buying things for her costume in July," Evan said.

"You're joking, right?" Connor asked.

"We don't joke about Halloween," Jared deadpanned.

"HALLOWEEN!"

"Your sister is insane, Kleinman."

"I know, Murphy."

"Hey, guys, want to go decoration shopping with me today?" she asked, leaning over the back of the couch.

"Sorry, Quinn, I can't," Jared said. "I have to work."

Quinn stuck out her bottom lip before her face lit up. "Hey, bring me back anything pumpkin themed!"

Jared rolled his eyes. "I'll try."

"Wait, where do you work?" Connor asked.

"Bye!" Jared ran out of the house, closing the door behind him.

"Where does he work?" Connor asked Quinn.

She laughed. "He'd kill me if I told you. So, obviously, I'm going to. He works at Lush."

"Wait a minute, Lush? As in the store women shop at for body lotions and bath bombs?"

"Mm-hmm. Hey, Ev, you got any chips?"

"Back of the cabinet. How much of his employee discount do you use?"

"About half of it. He uses the other other half for bath bombs." Evan nodded. "So, you losers coming shopping with me or what?"

- - -

"Quinn! How wonderful to see you!" The old man behind the counter said.

"Hello, Mr. Morris," she said smiling.

"Oh, who are these lovely boys with you?"

"My friends; you know Evan from last year. This is his boyfriend, Connor."

"Well, hello, Connor." He held his hand out for Connor to shake. "Quinn is our best customer."

Quinn chuckled. "Hey, What can I say? Your store opens twice a year and I love what you sell."

Mr. Morris chuckled. "Well, What are you looking for this year?"

"You got anything new?"

"We have a few things. Follow me."

Three hours and $150 later, they were finally leaving the Halloween shop. Quinn was determined to carry all the bags herself to Connor's old, beat up car. Evan offered to carry something but Quinn refused. She tossed the bags into the trunk and climbed over the front seats into the back.

"You could have just opened the back door," Connor said.

"But where's the fun in that?"

Connor rolled his eyes and started driving to the Kleinman's house to drop Quinn off. His phone started ringing and he groaned.

"What, Zo? I'm driving. Can it wait? Zoe, it would take me like five more minutes. Alright, alright, I'll be there. God." He tossed his phone into the cup holder and said, "Change of plans. Zoe needs the car so we're gonna go to my house. Sorry, Quinn."

"It's alright, Con. I can walk. It's not a problem."

Connor huffed, blowing a piece of hair out of his face. They got to the Murphy household and Evan helped Quinn unload her bags. Connor opened the door.

"You guys want to come inside?" He asked.

"Sure," Quinn said. "We like, never spend time at your place."

They walked inside, planning on just hanging out and watching a movie or something. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out that way.

"Who the hell are they?" Larry Murphy snapped, crossing his arms and glaring at his son.

"Fuck," Connor muttered.