Chapter 4

Recap:

So, I turned and ran. I didn't know where I was running to; I just wanted to get away. My pack, my own pack had rejected me like a piece of foul smelling garbage all because of something that I had no control over. I couldn't help the fact I was this way. But yet, I could still see their point. I did suck blood and it is, sorry correction, was my mission too, to protect the town from monsters like me. I probably would've done the same thing. I cried and I ran. I ran far away from there and never did I look back.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Running blindly and crying wasn't really helping the situation right now. I slowed down, then stopped and wiped away the remaining tears. I looked around. There was a road up ahead. I squinted my eyes and saw a sign too. Corinery Road. Wow; I must have super speed in human form too, I was miles from where I was minutes ago.

Might as well follow the road; better than wandering in the woods. So I followed the lonely, winding road; not one car passed by. I didn't know what to do. Sara was dead, I had no other friends. I could stay a mom's, but I didn't want to give her anymore stress. Also, I didn't want stay around her. Not by the pack. I want to get away, go somewhere new. But if I totally disappeared without a trace; Mom would freak. I'll just call her. Crap! My phone was back at the pack house! I'll just have to run over to her house. I'm not going back there.

~20 minutes later~

I rang the doorbell. Mom opened it and greeted me with a warm smile. "Oh darling, come inside."

She shooed me into her immaculate living room with the tan furniture. I didn't want to step into it though. I was pretty dirty. She looked me up and down; taking in my grimy appearance, and started shooing me to the bathroom instead. "Get in the shower right now and I'll wash your clothes, then we'll catch up." Yes, home sweet home.

I smiled.

~40 minutes later~

After my bath, I found myself in the living room. Mom was in her special rocking chair, the one dad made for her, knitting.

I cleared my throat. She looked up.

"Mom," I took a deep breath, "I am now half vampire."

She looked concerned and confused. "Tell me everything."

I explained everything to her, starting right after I'd finished talking to her on the phone; excluding the suspicions of Conner.

After I was done, she looked at me sadly. "Honey, if your pack rejected you, find somewhere new to go. I can live without you; just go on an extended vacation. Travel the world, find a good home, find a good man; but don't forget to call me. Just go with your heart go with the flow, you don't need them anymore. Just go."

I was kind of shocked by my mother's words. I never thought I'd hear those words from my mother; but then again, I never thought I'd become half vampire and have my pack totally reject me. "I guess so. There's nothing for me here anymore; besides you."

Mom rushed to her bedroom and came out with a box. "Here, take it." I slowly took it from her hands and opened it. It was filled with lots of money. Cold hard cash.

"There's around two thousand..." she was saying

I interrupted her. "Mom, I can't take this money. It doesn't feel right to do so."

"I'm not using it anyways. I insist."

I looked up at my mother's pleading eyes, then sighed. "Fine, I'll take it." I mumbled. Her face lit up and she hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, seeing as I'm three inches taller than her, and hugged her back.

Then we went to my old bedroom which still had a lot of my things. We packed a duffel bag full of clothes and shoes, plus my hairbrush. She ran off to the hallway and came back with her old video camera. "Here," She said, handing it to me. "Take it. Record your adventures and send them back to me." She gave me extra tapes and kissed my cheek.

"Go."

I smiled and nodded in agreement, with tears in my eyes. Who knows what I'll do now. I can see the Grand Canyon, maybe the Eiffel Tower. I was free now. I may be cursed twice, but I was free. Free to do whatever I wanted to.

So I walked out the door, looked back to see Mom smiling and waving. I smiled back, strapped the duffel to my back and started running. I ran to who knows where, but felt as if half of me was being left behind. Even with that feeling, I kept running. I ran until it became night, then slept in the middle of the woods under the full moon.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I know it's kind of short, but the next chapter should be longer.

Vote and comment pleez!

thanx for reading! :)