Chapter 40

Thanks again for supporting me and my books! :)

This next chapter is a little short, but once I had it written out, I knew I had to end it this way. But hey, I posted earlier than expected!

Chapter 40

“Then that’s what we’ll do.” I said, standing up. The plan was now unfolding.

               “You really don’t have to-” Sara said quickly, but I cut her off.

               “No. This is something that must be done and that I’m willing to do.”

               The door to my side opened and Alice peeked in. “Tara? May I talk to you outside please?” I followed her out into the hallway and once the door was shut, she exclaimed “Are you crazy!? Do you know how dangerous this is? What about your family?”

               “I’m thinking of them.” I hissed back. “They’re the reason I’m doing this! If I don’t, their lives will be in great risk and that’s something I will not let happen because of me! I love and care for them too much for that.”

               She looked away and sighed. “Okay.” Then she looked back up at me. “At least let us help. You don’t need to do this alone.” She laid a hand on my shoulder. “We’ll help you in any way we can.” She smiled.

               “Thanks.” I grinned. “I know I can depend on you.” Sighing, I added “Now I’s time for the hardest part.”

               “What’s that?”

               “Telling Conner and convincing him to let me go.”

               Her face went into a ‘oh’ expression. “Well if you need him, Jasper can always help with that.”

               “Thanks, but no. I’ll handle Conner myself. It just won’t be easy.”

               “Well if you need me, call.” I heard Jasper say. That’s when I saw the other vampires were also in the hallway.

               “What you’re doing is very courageous.” Carlisle praised. “We will do whatever possible to help. We can round up an attack force for after you’ve infiltrated it to attack with. There will be many backing you up. Heck, we’ll get the Volturi in on it too. You have nothing to worry about.”

               A grin spread across my face. “Thanks. It’ll be a great comfort to think about while I’m in there. I’ll never be able to thank you enough for this and what you’ve already done.”

               He laughed. “There’s no need! You’ve already brought a lot of light into our mostly dull eternal lives so we should be thanking you.”

               I looked away embarrassed before changing the subject. “Well I should go home and get ready now and break the news to the others. If you don’t mind, I’d like Sara to come along. She needs the fresh air and I want her to see my house before we go. She could also suggest what to bring.”

               Carlisle looked skeptical.

               “I’m a hybrid.” I said quickly in order to persuade him. “I can easily handle her if she tries anything. Please?”

               “Oh, okay. But if you don’t mind, Emmett will accompany you two along the way just in case.”

               I beamed. “Sounds good to me.” I twisted the handle of the door to reveal Sara sitting alone in her cell. Her face turned to confusion as I motioned for her to come out.