Chapter 46

Sorry for the wait. I still plan to hopefully finish it byy the end of summer which is September 22nd! enjoy!

***********************************************

Chapter 46

The doors were opened by a burly guard who seemed to recognize Sara and let her in. I still tried to twist out of her death grip, but my curious eyes wandered around, taking in the new surroundings.

The entryway seemed inviting, except for the two guard station flocking each side, and had a maroon and gold rug on the hardwood floor and paintings of landscape across the walls with a warm yellow light emitting from the mini-chandelier above.

We passed through another set of doors and suddenly I was temporarily blinded. The two rooms couldn’t have been more different. While the other had a warm feel about it, this one was plastered with a professional tone.

The floor was all white laminate speckled with black as the walls were concrete grey with high-set fluorescent lights which showed the offices in the room.

Sara’s hand tightened her already steely grip, reminding I wasn’t here for the scenery. A blonde woman walked towards us with a satisfied smile on her dark red lips. Her scent immediately struck me as vampire. She wore a black business suit like a lawyer with a black skirt that ended just above the knee and black pumps. They were the kind of shoes that had so much heel I couldn’t even hope to walk in them. Her pale blonde hair fell in waves to a little past her shoulders, her perfectly curved eyebrows accented the baby blue eyes and her dark lashes were a deep contrast to her flawless skin.

She would be later known as my greatest enemy.

The vampire strode up to Sara and me as I tried to run, finding it fruitless against Sara. If I truly tried I would’ve easily been able to break free, but that wasn’t my goal here, no matter how much I truly wanted to run.

“Sara,” the lady purred, “I was beginning to worry about you. As it seems, I had no reason to. You’ve obviously completed your mission like how we needed you to.”

Sara’s gaze didn’t flicker once as she gave no response.

The woman looked me over as I glared furiously at her and commented “She doesn’t look like much.” I thrashed out at her, but Sara held me back. “She does seem to have some spirit though. Put her with the other experiments.”

Sara turned and started to drag me down a hallway. Once at the end, two large black doors opened and I involuntarily gasped. The room was enormous. Every square inch of it seemed to be covered in security measure or cells that held ‘experiments’. There must have been almost a thousand cells. This was much more than what id imagined.

I was led down a row 3x3 cells and saw unimaginable things. Some were distorted blobs of matter that I couldn’t distinguish any features from, some were somewhat human looking, one was a type of humanoid that clung to the ceiling and another looked to be a poor soul stuck in-between human and wolf form. How excruciating that would be.

I gulped and turned my gaze to the stained concrete floor, not wanting to see anything more.

Suddenly my friend and captor turned as one of the cell doors opened automatically. She thrust me inside and the barred door slid back into place automatically. Sara left without another glance, leaving me in a world of concrete. Everything was concrete, save for the door, and the cell was bare except for a single chair built into the wall.

Apparently they didn’t expect me to go to the bathroom or sleep.

Due to the way the cells were arranged, I could only see part of the hallway and three cells across from mine. For that, I was thankful.