Chapter 2

*last chapter*

I awoke suddenly. The scent of vampire filled my nostrils and my mind immediately went into red alert. Just as I was about to spring up, I felt a long needle jab into my back. All of a sudden, I was sleepy again. Then I blacked out.  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  

Chapter 2

I opened my eyes; all panicky again. I was lying in the middle of a forest in territory unknown to me.

A vampire with spiky blonde hair appeared in my vision. “Hello, I’m Isacc.” I growled; wanting to rip his throat out. But I couldn’t move, no matter how hard I tried. My body seemed disconnected from my mind.

“I supposed you’re trying to move, but find you can’t. I’ll explain. See, I injected a serum, made by a brilliant vampire scientist, into you. Sure, it was untested and risky, but you’ve done great with it. Now for why I’m doing this. I am curious to see what a vampire/werewolf hybrid will be like. See, I’ve been around for two hundred years, and trust me, I got bored pretty easily. So, really this is for my own entertainment. I chose you randomly. You were just in the right place at the right time. If you could move, you would see that I’ve already bitten you and that you’re already in the process of turning into a hybrid. I’m excited to find what you’ll be like.” He smiled.

Then he looked over my body with lust in his eyes. I was disgusted. “You’re probably the prettiest victim I’ve had yet though.” He said, trailing a finger down my stomach, making me shiver. If only I could move I would hit him hardest where the sun don’t shine. “I’ll be back in a little while. Maybe you and I can have some fun during that time.” He looked me over one more time before turning away. He was about to leave when he added, “Oh and your friend was delicious.”

Then he just left me lying on the ground like a broken doll with hot tears running down my face. He’d gotten Sara. I prayed she wasn’t dead.

I hurt so badly. I could feel the poison running through my veins from the vampire bite. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t go get help. I had to contact the pack, or someone! If they could only find me in time.

Think Tara! Think! There has to be a way to get out of this mess! My brain hurt and my energy was just sapping away with every second that went by. I’ll just have to try and override the pack’s minds and sent them a message telepathically, if that was even possible. But, I have to try, I can’t think of anything else.

So, I tried. I thought of the pack and their faces and personalities.

Nothing.

Gosh, I’m crazy for even trying, there’s probably no such thing anyways. But, I can’t lose hope.

So I tried again.

Nothing.

I tried one last time. Using the last of my remaining strength, I tried. And got through.

I could hear the jumbled thought of all four of them including: SpongeBob, the washing machine, and a hazy dream world. I sent a message quickly, screaming out in thoughts.

“Help! I don’t know where I am, and I can’t move. It hurts! It hurts! Sara might be dead! Help! There’s not much time left! Find me before it’s too-” my message got cut off as my energy drained away and the darkness over took my mind like a pool of black water.

Conner’s POV

I was sitting in the living room, watching SpongeBob with Zevi, when I got the message in my head. It was like Tara, no it was Tara, and she half screamed half cried her message in my mind. At the end, she broke off suddenly and went silent.