Chapter 17

Next day, I forced Seth to come along, even though he didn’t want to. “You need to help me pick out Mirabelle’s new furniture! You know her best.” I begged.

“You know here well enough to pick some out for her. She won’t care that much.”

“But I need your muscles. I’m not going to lift ALL the furniture by myself!”

“I’m sure you’ll be fine. You’re a werewolf too.”

“But I don’t have the muscles that you males do!”

“I’m sure you’ll live without me.”

“Ugh. You’re so difficult.” I said. Giving up and the begging and resorting to forcefulness. I grabbed his arms and literally dragged him to the truck. Once I had him in the u-haul Alice jumped in and we were off. We shopped around all morning and early afternoon, picking out every single thing you would need for your house from curtains to toilet cleaner. We got everything. My bank account sure felt the hit, but we filled the entire truck, getting every little thing we could in there. On the way to my house, we picked up Embry and Quil too, which made it crowded in there.

When we got to the house, me and Alice started bossing things around and debating on where things would go.

“Ok put down the rug there, and put the sofa there.” I said, pointing at a spot in the living room.

“But I think the sofa will look better there.” Said Alice.

“Hmm, I see what you mean. But if we put the lamp there and the recliner there, then the sofa would look best there.”

“I guess it would. But if we put the lamp and recliner there instead, the sofa would look best there.” She debated.

Embry with the lamp, and Seth and Quil with the sofa just stared at us. “Just pick a stupid place so we can put this heavy stuff down!” complained Quil.

Alice and I looked at each other, and then started it up again. Eventually, we found a spot for everything, after hours of debating and hauling things around. Four hours later, everything was done. I sighed and flopped down on my new sofa. I looked up at the new clock hanging up on the wall. It was 7pm already! “Jeez, I’m tired.” I yawned.

Quil and Embry sat down in the two chairs near me. “You’re tired! What about us! We had to haul those beds upstairs! And the king-sized one up two stories!”

               I laughed. “Aw, you poor things. How about I make it up to you and cook up some food.”

               “Ok!” they smiled. I got off the sofa and went to my kitchen which now had pans, food and a refrigerator. I grabbed some eggs and bread, and started to make fried eggs and toast.

20 min, later I yelled “Foods up boys!” as I brought the plates to the dining room. Empty chairs, became occupied in a flash as the hungry wolves drooled over the food I was carrying. I set the plates down and in seconds they were empty again. I laughed. “Want some more?” Embry and Quil nodded vigorously and I brought them some more.

Once I’d served them again, I went over by Seth who was just poking at his food. I knelt by him and put my hand on his arm. He looked at me with sad eyes, revealing the boy inside. I could tell how much he was hurting inside, crying out. Just by looking at him had me wondering how I didn’t go crazy without Conner. Maybe it had something to do with we never were an official couple. Seth had been able to love Mirabelle wholeheartedly. But the love was taken away, making it worse than what I had. He made me feel like the mother in the situation, seeing as I always trying to help him out any way I could.