Chapter Four

This chapter is dedicated to my friend Mick_Mack, who is new to this site and has started posting her first book. Anyone interested, head over to her profile and check it out. Give her a like and follow if you like it as well. :)

Chapter Four

The hot Egyptian sun beat down on Jason from the sky, baking the sandy ground that had been packed by more than ten million tourists. He and Amy had finally made it to the Great Pyramid of Giza. After their initial detour, which involved a strange and extremely fast Slayer, nothing else had happened and they had been able to make their trip in peace. Or as peaceful as driving a stolen taxi down a desert road without an international drivers license could be. Amelia had been nervous the entire time, muttering that they were going to get caught and it would all be over; but Jason thought it had been pretty fun. He had never done anything like that before.

Once they had arrived at the pyramids and parked the stolen car next to a bunch of other taxi's, the two of them had then made their way towards some of the most famous and recognizable monuments in the entire world; and Jason was not disappointed by what he saw. The largest of the pyramids, known as the Great Pyramid, loomed ahead of them and continued to grow as they neared it. The honey coloured stones that made up the structure rose high into the air, tiered almost like a massive set of stairs that beckoned a person to climb them.

Jason knew from what he learned in school, and some of his own research, that the pyramids had once been smooth, with a casing of white stone covering the internal structure. However, these stones were later removed to build Cairo, and now all that remained were the inner honey coloured stones that were rough and, in some places, broken and crumbling. Still, despite this, the Pyramids of Giza were truly a sight to behold and Jason stared up at the largest of them in awe.

“There's one more thing I can check off my bucket list,” he whispered to himself, wishing that Amy had let him spend some money on a camera when they had been buying supplies back in Berlin.

“Okay, even I'll admit that this is pretty cool,” Amelia now said and came to stand next to Jason, who had stopped only a few dozen feet away from the base of the pyramid. She too looked up at the peak in wonder, and Jason couldn't help but smile because of it.

“See, I told you. Maybe you won't doubt me so much anymore,” he laughed, and to his surprise, Amy chuckled a little as well. Ever since their confrontation with Malcolm, or Mal as Jason had started to call him, Amy had been more mellow around him. She was actually nice to be around.

“I didn't doubt that this would look beautiful,” she now clarified, but her smile never left her face as she spoke. “What I did doubt, and still do, is this plan you've cooked up.”

Now both of their eyes lifted from the top of the pyramid and they gazed into the blue sky, both wondering if the Egyptian Gods were just beyond sight. Jason could definitely feel something in the area around this place, and it gave him goosebumps. It was like all the power in the entire country gathered here, and the thrum of it through the air was mesmerizing. It sure felt like the right place, but only time would tell.

“Let's go look around a little more, see what we can find,” he suggested.