Chapter 17.

A.N. 

i was too lazy to write the whole thing out. lol Thank you SO MUCH for reading and voting and for the few comments. It isnt that hard to vote or even comment really and it motivates me a lot to see comments. 

This chapter is dedicated to @DanisSharda because she says the sweetest things. It means a lot! :)

I love you guys. :)

I shall you my butterflies. eh idk. haha

-Lyss, xx

ps. this chapter is really cute. :)

Chapter 17

I woke to the sound of the beach and the morning sun pouring in behind the thin curtains. There was a faint imprint on the bed next to me, reminding me that the night before wasn’t a dream. I walked back over to my room despite the fact that I could have stayed in his bed all day. I’ll have to ask what brand the mattress was.

My bag was at the end of my bed where I left it. I pull out my white short and my light blue flowy top along with my makeup bag. I make the short walk to the bathroom and step on something wet. Sighing, I realize I forgot to pick up my bathing suit last night. I’ll have to find some plastic bag to put it in.

I finally look in the mirror and am surprised by what I find. My hair was still up in the bun I placed it in last night. I had remnants of my mascara under my eyes but nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe Niall’s luck is rubbing off on me. I smile at the thought of it. My lips tingle at the memory. I would probably look like mental if someone walked in on me.

Im not such a makeup person so, I put on foundation, some blush and a few coats of mascara. That’s all I feel I need. I pull the bobby pins I used to secure my hair out and let my hair cascade down my back. I grab my wave spray and spray it in my hands then run it through my hair. Finally, a good hair day. I’ve been putting it up so much lately.

Deciding I was acceptable, I put my clothes on and make my way down the white steps. I turn the corner and see Niall in the kitchen. It was no surprise. I smile and he gives me a toothy grin in return.

“Whatchhaa doooiinnn?” I ask sweetly.

He laughs realizing what I said. “You watch Phineas and Ferb too!” He exclaims more than asks.

“Of course! It was only thee best show on Disney at the time!” I say.

He grins and pulls me into a hug and kisses my cheek. “Well, whatever was that for, Mr. Horan?” I say, posh-like.

“Just because I wanted to.” He pulls away and goes back to making whatever he was making before I interrupted. “You look beautiful this morning.”

I blush and mutter a thank you. Like I’ve said before, I’m not well with compliments. “What are you making?” I ask.

“It’s a surprise.” He winks.

“Well, can I have a hint?” I ask while taking a tiny step closer to him in a flirtatious manner.

He blushed slightly, I saw it. “Nope” He says, popping the ‘p’.

I take a step closer making the distance between us around 3 feet. “Please?” I ask quietly.

The blush rises into his checks more visibly. “Uhm…no.” He practically stutters.

I giggle and take yet another step closer. Our shoulders are now against each other. I have no clue what’s come over me. I’m usually not this flirty.

“Niall?” I say in a whisper, leaning towards his ear. I can feel the goose bumps spread across his arm. He’s fighting back a smile. “Yes?” He replies.

I don’t think he expected what I did next because he almost fell over and his face was pure shock. In fact, he did fall. It was quite comical.

I jumped straight on him causing him to drop the spoon in his hand and catch me. With no avail, he fell over with me on top of him. I laughed a big laugh with my head back and looked at Niall becoming completely serious.

“Now will you tell me?” I say looking him straight into the eye. He immediately starts laughing uncontrollably. “What…?” I ask.

He continues laughing without stopping. So, I just stay sitting on him, more like straddling. I don’t even care. I cross my arms and wait.

He finally controlled his laughter and realized I was waiting. I couldn’t help but smiling. He was just adorable when he laughed.

“So?” I say, pouting and jutting out my bottom lip.

“So?” He says right back.

“What are you making!” I practically yell and dramatically throw my hands in the air and let them drop to my sides. I enjoy acting like a 6 year old occasionally.

He laughs and casually says, “Oh, just some pancakes.”

I groan at him and look at him, eyebrow raised.

“What?” I swear it’s like he’s completely oblivious to the fact that im straddling him. I feel slightly awkward about it but im too stubborn to get off without him saying anything. As if reading my thoughts, he says, “How about you get off so I can maybe make those pancakes that you attacked me over?”

“In my defense, I didn’t know what you were making and it was your fault. If you would have just told me, then this would have never happen.” I argue back.

I got up off him because my stomach started growling. I lent him my hand and helped pull him up.

*Hour and a half later*

After breakfast was made, eaten, and cleaned up, we chilled on the couch and played 20 questions. It soon became time to leave, unfortunately. It was lovely here. I could imagine coming here again with that blue-eyed boy. I smile at the thought.

Upstairs packing, I realize something though. I had no clue where Niall and I stood. We had been flirting all day and that kiss last night let me know that we both wanted more. We had known each other for almost 2 weeks. I felt like maybe that’s too soon. I’ve rushed into relationships and look where I was; single. But these 2 weeks, Niall and I had done nothing but talk and get to know each other. We became so close.

Thoughts racked through my brain, I didn’t notice that I had finished packing and Niall had been saying my name. I jump seeing him leaning against the door frame. I send him a sheepish smile.

“Is it time to go?” I ask, sadly. He told me it was then took my bag along with his downstairs.

We had already packed the food we had brought and stored the other food we used back into the cabinets. While Niall was out at the car, I took one last look around. The beach cabin was truly beautiful. I knew within myself that we’d be back someday soon.

I grabbed the few food bags and made my way out, closing the door behind me and made my way to the car. He was just closing the trunk when I got to the car. I put the food bags in the back seat and climbed into the passenger seat.

Niall was up locking the door.  By the time I buckled, he was back and getting in the car.

He barely had time to buckle himself in when the words blurt out of my mouth.

“Niall, I need to know what we are…relationship wise…”