Chapter 16

• Dedicated to Kate

AUTHORS NOOOOOTE.

Heeellloooo :) I cant believe its chapter 16 already. i finally added some good stuff in and thanks to a good friend, i now have a plot. sorry about it going so sloooowwwwww

Im hyper.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 1D! <3

-Lyss, xx

ps. its short.

Chapter 16

After Niall left the room to go to his own, I change out of my now damp clothes and take out the pair of pajamas I brought and place them on the bed. I make my way over to the shower and adjust. I spot the clothes I just took off and make a mental note to find somewhere to hang them to dry.

I climb into the piping hot shower and let the water run over me. So many things run through my mind.

How am I possibly going to stay friends with Niall when he has to leave?

Why are these feelings for him coming up out of nowhere? I mean, I’ve always loved him but that some teenage fangirl love. I love Niall but as a best friend. I don’t know if it can ever be more than that. I don’t know if he could ever love me like that.

I let out a frustrated groan and pull at my hair. I think too much.

Having enough, I climb out of the shower and wrap myself in a towel. I dry off and change into fresh bra and matching underwear. I brought some shorts and my big college sweatshirt. I comb through my hair and pin it on top of my head so it’s wavy in the morning.

I look at the clock and see that it’s almost 1am. I don’t feel a bit tired despite how comfortable the bed I just climbed into is. I toss and turn for what seems like hours but glancing at the clock, it’s only been 4 minutes making it 1:17am.

I groan and give up on sleeping. It’s obvious sleeps not coming to me anytime soon. My mind is just reeling through the day.

I flip the covers up and tiptoe over to Niall’s room. I don’t know what’s going through my mind. I knock on the door, not sure if he’s sleeping. I turn the knob slowly and slip inside, closing the door behind me. I look around the room and it’s about the same size as mine but it’s messy already. I chuckle softly and look at the bed where Niall is. He’s staring at me intensely, his phone lit up beside him like he was just on it.

“hi.” I whisper.

“Hi.”

“I can’t sleep…”

He runs his fingers through his dirty blond hair, takes a deep breath, and then pulls back the covers. “Come ‘ere, love.”

I tiptoe run over to his bed and carefully climb in. I pull the covers up to my neck and turn over to face him. He’s still staring.

“Thanks.” I say almost inaudibly. Im surprised he could hear me.

He shakes his head dismissing it and says, “What’s on your mind?”

I mentally giggle because he sounds like Facebook. “Nothing…just couldn’t sleep.”

“There’s obviously a reason why you couldn’t. Come on, Rhiannon. What is going on in that pretty lil’ head of yours?” Niall says softly. I trust him. I really do.

I just don’t know how to say how I feel, I think to myself.

“Then show me.” He says. Im guessing he read the confused look on my face. “You said that out loud”

I blush, embarrassed. “How?”

“How did you say that out loud or how to show me?” I laugh and say show.

The room was almost completely dark besides his phone light that still hadn’t shut off yet. His face was barely visible but it was clear to me that he was blushing also.

“Why the blush, Nialler?” I ask, teasingly.

“This is why.”

Before I can ask what he means, his lips slam into mine. Not the most romantic but it was still nice. I realized what was happening and kissed him back. His lips were incredibly soft for a guy and his mouth warm, but in a good way. His hand found its way to the back of my head as my hands were clenching on to the chest of his shirt.

We broke away, breathing slightly heavy from the intensity of the kiss we shared. Nothing compared to it. Cliché but, fireworks went off. I opened my eyes to see a grin spread across his face.

“I’ve been waiting since the day I met you to do that.” He says.

I laugh and bury myself into his arms and rest my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat. It was soothing.

The last thing I remember before falling into a blissful sleep was his lip kissing my forehead softly and the faint sound of singing over the lullaby his heart gave me.