Chapter 12

Authors note.

Yeah, its been a while. Blah, im a horrible person. I just havent had the motivatioon to write..:P Forgive me?

Also, i know its not the longest chapter but i wanted to get more in depth of their relationship and how close theyve become. I promise something good will happen soon enough! I personally like this chapter. :) hope yall do too!

-Lyssa, xx

Chapter 12

We finally made it in the car but not even 15 minutes into the ride, we had to pull over at a 7-11 for food. Apparently, we didn’t have “enough supplies to last the hour and a half.”

“Are you going to come in and get something or stay?” Niall asked after getting unbuckled and putting his hand on the door.

I debated for a second before unbuckling myself and getting out. We walked into the convenience store, Niall with his hood up, and went straight to the candy aisle.

“We haven’t discussed an important matter yet.” Niall said, quietly.

“What’s that?” I question.

“Lower your voice! This is too serious for people to overhear.” He yelled in a whisper. He had the goofiest smile on his face.

“Jesus, Niall.” I laugh. “If it’s so important, then why are we discussing whatever ‘it’ is in 7-11?” I ask.

“Food. What’s your favorite food?”

“Well, considering all food is wonderful, I find it hard to choose.” I said to Niall with a wink. He stared at me with the biggest smile on his face. To be honest, it was starting to get creepy.

He seemed to notice my discomfort because he jogged very clumsily to the candy. I knew he would go there first. I followed him to the same aisle and grabbed the biggest chocolate bar I could find. I started to laugh loudly when I saw Niall grabbing almost every kind of candy off the shelf. He looked at me with confusion in his bright blue eyes.

“You couldn’t choose just a few, could you?” I asked, still laughing. Before he could answer, I walked to the next aisle and ripped a bag of plain potato chips off the shelf. I looked up and saw Niall already placing his items on the checkout counter.

 I couldn’t help but laughing when I saw how much food he had. I don’t know how he could eat all of it. I had a big appetite myself but he had enough that he could have handed all of that candy out to at least 12 kids on a Halloween night.

We had finally made it out to the car and got in our seats when I said, “Have fun buy the whole candy aisle, Niall?” with a smirk.

“Ha-ha, very funny!” he replied with boatload of sarcasm.

“Now give me that food so you can drive properly. 10 and 2, remember?” I say just to mess with him some more. It was highly unlikely that he would hand his precious food over.

“Look who seems to be cracking all the jokes! Don’t go taking my job. Sit back and let me drive.” Niall said, testily. Someone had gotten grumpy all of a sudden.

*Niall’s Point of View*

“Look who seems to be cracking all the jokes! Don’t go taking my job. Sit back and let me drive.” I said. I really didn’t mean to snap at her. I had a good reason to be upset all of a sudden but she didn’t deserve to be the one I take it out on.

“What’s with the attitude?” She said. I had to learn quickly with Rhiannon that she was extremely blunt. If she had something to say, prepare yourself because it will be said.

I shook my head. “You didn’t notice?”

Her face was pure confusion. She really was oblivious. “No sooner did we step out of there, there were photographers snapping away like their life depended on it.”

You’d think after being a public figure for so long that they would have died down and been more involved with some new stars. Don’t get me wrong. I love being famous and that I can sing for work but sometimes the full package of it can get quite annoying. My business was exactly that. It’s my business.

*Rhiannon’s point of view*

Niall seemed quite upset. I didn’t really like it. I’m not sure how I didn’t notice. I guess I was too absorbed in Niall…

I’ve started to realize that even though Niall and I were friends that there might be more than just friendship. I feel as though I might be the only one feeling that. For now, I’ll focus on what’s at hand: cheering Niall up.

“Breathe, Niall. For God’s sake, look at your knuckles.” I say as I point out his now white knuckles. “Let’s just go and forget about those ignorant people.”

I hear a sigh come from him as he puts the car into reverse and start to carefully back up. I breathe a sigh of relief as we finally get to our mini adventure.

We had made it to the open highway, well on our way to the beach when I had enough silence. Neither of us had said a word since the paparazzi incident.

“Okay!” I burst out causing Niall to jump slightly.

“What?”

“This is supposed to be a fun trip. This right here is not fun at all.” I say. “The radio is going on and you are going to sing and get into a happy mood. Got it?” My improvised plan works. Niall’s face broke into a small smile.

“Sounds good to me. I hate being in a bad mood. I’m Niall Horan and everyone knows that.” He said causing me to laugh. He wasn’t wrong; everyone knew Niall was not one to not be happy.

I reached for the radio and turned to some pop station. We tuned in time to hear the radio personality announcing the next song.

“And, now for some oldies! We know you all love this one!” He said in an obnoxious voice.

The familiar tune came in the car and I looked to Niall who had a big grin plastered on his face. I burst out laughing as he began to sing out of key. It was obvious he was doing it on purpose.

‘You’re insecure. Don’t know what for; you’re turning heads when you walk into do-oh-or.

Don’t need makeup to cover up. Being the way that you are is eno-uh-ough.’

I sing along and pull out my phone to record. Im beginning to think this is our song. This is the second time this has happened. It happened on the way to meet the boys just a short time ago and last time, it was me in a bad mood.

 He sees me recording and starts to make some crazy faces and dance moves all while driving perfectly straight. I don’t think I’ve laughed this hard in a while.

He sure is something else.