Chapter 11

Authors note.

Im actually really proud of this chapter. haha i usually have zero confidence but music is something that comes easily to me. :) Im going to post a video on the side. The Writer by Ellie Goulding. You may have heard of her. i absolutely love her. I had this on repeat the entire time of writing. listen if you want but you dont have to.(: thanks so much for reading. i love my muffins.(:

Love,

-Lyssa, xx

p.s. its kinda a long one. (:

Chapter 11

I wandered around Niall’s flat while he was rummaging through his room. If I listened closely, I could hear things being thrown. I chuckled to myself and went to snoop while I could.

“Hey, Niall. I’m going to go…find the bathroom!” I yelled my lame excuse.

 I heard a grunt so I took as a yes and went running into a long hallway. There were about 6 doors from what I could see from the beginning of the hallway. The walls were painted a light brown and there were a few windows. The first door on the right ended up being a closet. It had some towels and sheets thrown in. The next door, also on my right, was a guest bedroom. It looked as if no one had been in there in for a while. I closed the door back and went to the next room, which was a bathroom. I suppose I should at least go before we leave but oh well.

Mystery door number 4 looked special. The door was painted a navy blue and had a number 4 painted on it cleverly. I was skeptical about opening it. There was a level of privacy that you can’t break. I put my hand on the door and twisted.

I opened the door less than an inch when-

“Hey.” Niall says calmly.

I jumped out of surprised and looked down slightly embarrassed.

“Hi.” I say, quietly. Niall nods. He chuckles slightly and says, “I would have given you a tour. It doesn’t matter anyway.” He laughs at the last part. “Go ahead in.”

I jump and say yay then open the door. All I can think is holy stripes.

“Let me guess, Louis’ room when he stays?”

“How’d you know?” Niall fakes a surprised face. “He never outgrew stripes.”

I laugh and close the door back and move to the next door which was just plain white. I take a quick peek down the hallway and there was more than the 6 doors I originally saw. There were 7 doors. I was close.

I opened the white door to see a pig sty. There were clothes, books, and a good amount of boxers on the floor. I take it Niall lets the boys do what they want with their rooms.

Niall seeing the look on my face and says, “Harry.” I nod even though I always thought Harry would be the clean one and Louis dirty.

I laugh and close the door and move to the next. It’s a nice shade of purple. I figure that it has to be either Zayn’s or Liam’s. I open the door and see a room even cleaner than my own. I keep my room clean, but this is beyond perfection. The room literally sparkles.

I hear Niall laugh and remember he was still there. Conversation wasn’t my strong point. I look to him and raise an eyebrow as if to ask for an explanation.

“You said you were a fan, right?” Niall asks. I’m confused to where this is going but I nod.

“Well, do you remember who it was that was obsessed with his appearance?”

I chuckled. There was no doubt that I knew. “Zayn.” I answer easily.

“He’s worse about his room than he is his pretty little face.” Niall says with a wink.

I blush then start thinking as I look around the room. Why am I blushing? It’s Niall Horan but, I mean, we’re friends! He’s winked at me before and I’ve never blushed. I think I just decided I hate winking. It makes me nervous.

“Next room!” I state in order to get out of my own head. We make our way to the next door which turned out to another bathroom. “Niall, why do you have 2 bathrooms in one hallway?”

He laughs and explains, “The bathroom towards the front is connected to the first bedroom but when I have guest they usually use it.”

“Ah, I’m guessing that room is Liam’s?”

“Correct…We should probably get going unless you want to see more?” Niall asks.

“There’s more?” I say questionably. For a man living alone, he sure had a lot of space especially for a New York City loft. He simply nodded. There wasn’t much more as I expected but there was enough. He had a nicely sized kitchen which I would die to cook it, an area room great for parties, and even a little movie theatre with room for about 8 people.

The surprise wasn’t over when he took me by the hand and led me up a small staircase. I was used to these small friendly gestures but they still made me smile. I always longed to be friends with the guy and here I was.

He took me up the stair and bantered softly. As we neared the top of the case, he stopped me and became serious. “This place is really special to me and I only allow certain people us here. It’s practically my sanctuary. So feel special. Very special.” He cracks a smile and of course I return it.

We climb the rest of the way and my breath is taken by the beauty of the space. The floors are a solid, light colored wood. The walls were painted a bright white. One of the walls was all windows which over looked our great city. I never grew tired of the look of this massive town. I looked around the room some more and spotted 4 shiny guitars and even a smallish piano. A corner of the room was walled off and outside of it was a whole desk full of controls.

“You have your own music studio?” I ask fully sure that I could of answered the question on my own.

Niall just nodded and smiled. He made his way over to his collection of acoustic guitars and picked one up. I’m not even going to try to pretend that I knew what type it was. Niall started strumming softly and I closed my eyes, hypnotized by the music. Music always had that effect on me. I suppose that’s what makes me love dance so much.

I walk a few steps over to the piano and my fingers ran across the smooth of the keys. I hear Niall come up behind me and watch me as I debate on sitting down.

“Do you play piano?” He asks. Even though I knew Niall was there, the sudden sound caused me to jump slightly.

“Yes but…I haven’t played in a while.” I say hesitantly.

“Rhiannon, sit. Show me whose boss.” He says causing me to laugh and break the serious moment. I sat down and let my fingers play at the keys before actual pushing down.

I closed my eyes and just let my hands flow however they pleased. Sometimes that’s the best way to do it.

I finish the impromptu song and look to Niall. He was staring at me intently with those blue eyes of his. As his face breaks into a smile, I feel myself relax and breathe. I hadn’t noticed how tense I was when I finished.

“I really missed playing.” I state, sighing.

“Then, why did you ever stop?” He made it sound as if it was something easy to answer.

“How about we save those conversations for later?” I say with a wink. Truthfully, I hated discussing my music with people. I felt so comfortable with Niall but, I just wasn’t ready.

“Oh sheeeet, we have to go if we want anytime on the beach.” He looks down at his watch then. “It’s already 2!” I groan, involuntarily and he just chuckles.

As much as I hated the beach and the cold, I have a feeling that this will be too much fun to pass up.