Chapter 8

“Nialler! It’s been too long! Come ‘ere, mate!”  The tall, muscular boy says. He hasn’t changed a bit, I think.  The older boy grabs Niall into his arms and I just stand there awkwardly watching the special moment. I thought the awkward was supposed to only last through high school.

“Niall, you going to introduce me? Or are you going to be rude?” The man asks with a wink.

“Oops.”, Niall chuckles. “Rhiannon, this is Liam. Liam, this is Rhiannon.” He says gesturing to me first then Liam.

I’m so star-struck that Niall has to give my arm a little shake to make me realize I was just staring. I giggle and put out my hand for a handshake. Liam just laughs and pulls me into a hug. I’m shocked but I hug back, never wanting to forget this moment.

After all these years, I was meeting One Direction. It was so surreal. It’s one of those cliché things when you feel like you’re dreaming and need someone to pinch you.

Liam led both you and Niall into the hotel room. It was quite large. There were 3 rooms from what I could see. The ‘living room’ had a couch, a love seat, and 2 lounge chairs with a kitchenette off to the side. There seemed to be 2 bedrooms. It was plenty big for the group of 4 guys.

To my surprise, there was the curly, browned haired girl that you had been jealous of since I knew about One Direction, was sitting on one of the couches.

“Danielle Peazer!?” I ask with tears filling my eyes. I just can’t believe so much can happen within a matter of a week.

Danielle laughs and stands up to hug me. “Hi! It’s Rhiannon, right? I’ve never been good with names.”

She’s so down to earth and sweet that the tears that formed in my eyes, fell. Her face soon changed from a smile to concern. “Honey, what’s wrong?” She asks, grabbing my shoulders gently.

I just shake my head and sit down on the love seat. I smile to let her know I’m okay.

 I can’t help but laugh at myself, either. Here I am, first time meeting my idols, and I cry like a baby. They’re happy tears though. I think Danielle realizes that because she starts giggling.

“Don’t worry; I’m not laughing at you. It’s just been a while since girls have cried over meeting us.” Danielle states.  I laugh along with her.

Liam and Niall finally walk in the room. I have no clue where they were. I give Niall a look as if to say that I needed to be filled in later. He simply gives me a reassuring smile.

“So, Rhiannon, 23, right?” Liam asks.

I nod. “Yup, I’ll be 24 in September.”

“Awh, are you and Niall planning on celebrating together, considering yours are in the same month?” Danielle says.

I blush and look at Niall. “Uhm, I don’t know. It’s been what, 3 days of knowing each other? It’s probably not smart to look ahead 7 months. I don’t even know if we’ll keep in contact for that long…” I say drifting off.

I look up at Niall and see a flint of sadness but it leaves, replaced with a smile. It didn’t quite reach his eyes though.

“Well I, for one, think you’re pretty cool even though it’s only been half an hour.” Liam says laughing.

Danielle slaps him on the arm and he wraps his arm around her waist. They’ve always been the cutest in the group.

I look at them, wistfully. I’ve always been jealous of those couples. The couples that even after being together for years still have it together. I’ll just be forever alone, like I’ve always said. I catch Niall staring at me. I blush and stick my tongue out at him and he laughs.

“Danielle! Where the hell are you? Did ya’ll get a big enough hotel room? Jezz.” You hear a voice say obnoxiously loud as it walks through the door. The familiar voice that speaks seemed to have gotten a slight bit deeper since you last heard it.

No. It can’t be. It simply can’t. You think.

There is no way.