Bonus: Alec

I will be posting little scenes if I feel inspired. 

---

Alec was an all-star athlete who was destined to move onto bigger and better things, but that would mean leaving Liz, his love, and their precious daughter, Maddy, behind.

"Those trophies mean more to you than I do," Liz said, crossing her arms, her eyes flickering between the carpet and Alec.

"You know that's not true. It's just that these trophies are proof of my hard work."

"It is true, and it doesn't. It shows through in you."

There was a foot of room between them, but to Alec it seemed like miles. Softly, he said, "I've dedicated my life to this sport, Liz."

"And I've dedicated my life to you."

"That's not fair."

"Isn't it?"

°°°

Alec's decision was made.

"Where are all your trophies, Alec?" Liz asked, looking at all of the empty shelves.

"I melted them."

"What? Why?"

"Because you mean more to me than they do." He reached for her hand. "I'm getting rid of the competition. I'm retiring, Liz."

"You can't retire. Your career hasn't even begun!"

"That may be so, but I already have a life. I've already started a family. You guys are my number one now."

Seeing the smile on Liz's face made it all worthwhile. Baseball made him happy, but she made him complete. "What did you do with the gold?"

He reached into his pocket, a silly place to keep such a valuable item. He put it in her hand, still holding her fist in his. "It's your wedding ring."

"Wait. Is this...are we doing this?"

He smiled a such a smile that she melted like butter. "I'm supposed to be the one to propose, Liz." It wasn't as if it came to a shock to either one of them. They had been playing wife, husband, and parent for five years. "But the choice is yours. Do you want this?"

"Do i want my love to be mine forever? Yes, please."

"I love you, Liz."

"I love you, too. Where's maddy?"

"I thought you had her." She shook her head, her eyes widening. "We're definitely not winning the Parents-of-the-Year award."

"That's a thing?"

"Doesn't matter now. We're not getting it."

°°°

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Maddy. Happy birthday to you."

Maddy was turning five years old. She was unusually unhappy for a birthday girl, so Alec, being the star dad he was, attempted to cheer her up. He dressed up as a clown, but she only shrieked and went to hide behind the couch. He put on a fairy costume, tights included, and danced around the living room to the Nutcracker Suite, but Maddy simply wondered why her daddy was dressed up as a fairy. She was amused for a split second when he stood on his head, but her smile quickly faded when he toppled over.

"What do you want, Maddy?" Alec asked, wiping a tear from her cheek.

She folded her arms and her lips formed a cute pout. "You never understand me, Daddy," she growled, stomping into her room and slamming the door.

Alec sighed, wishing Liz would hurry up with Maddy's real cake. The bakery had swapped their finished cake with an uncompleted one, so Alec thought it would be a swell idea to decorate it with candles and food coloring. He knocked on the door. "Maddy."

"Go away."

"You're making me sad."

"Good."

"That's not very nice."

"I never said i was a nice girl."

"You'd better be a nice girl. Only nice girls get cake."

"I don't like cake."

"Sure you do."

"I like cupcakes."

"So i'll put your cake in a cup."

"A sparkly one?"

"We don't have a sparkly one."

"Then too bad."

Alec hit his head against the door. He went to Liz's craft drawer and pulled out a container of red glitter glue before heading to the kitchen and grabbing a white ceramic cup. His attempt at making a five was sad, but he persevered through it. Never in his life did he think he would be doing arts and crafts for Maddy to eat cake. Somehow, someway, he managed to glitterize his entire left hand, his ear, and his nose.

"Maddy, I have a surprise for you," he said, holding the cup in hand.

"What is it?"

"It's your very own cup."

"I already have a cup."

"But this is a special birthday cup."

The door opened a smidge. Alec presented it to her, but she didn't respond how he had hoped. She closed the door. "It's ugly, Daddy."

"Just come out, Maddy."

"Never."

Liz came home, and Maddy came out and attached herself to Liz's leg. Alec took the cake box from her and set it on the counter. "Hi, honey. Were you good for Daddy?"

Liz: 1

Alec: 0