Chapter 15: Condoms Are the New Fifty Shades

Dedicated to glitter_xox because I feel like this chapter suits her perfectly. 

--

Chapter 15: Condoms Are the New Fifty Shades

"So remember that promise you made me?" Ian said, slinking his arm around my shoulders and oh-so smoothly sitting next to the empty chair next to me.

I grinned and shook my head. "No. Care to refresh my memory?"

"October 31st-Hallows' Eve."

I tapped my finger on my chin, pretending to think about what he was talking about. I knew, of course. "I'm going trick or treating that night. Did you want to come with me?"

"Don't be silly, Charlotte. That's for little children. We, the mature adults we are, must go to a costume party."

"Too bad I'm not eighteen yet, but I'm sure if you ask another girl they'd be willing to escort you."

He pursed his lips. I expected him to make some sort of witty reply that'll convince me to go with him, but he didn't. One simple word that made me give in, something that I never thought I'd hear Ian say. "Please?"

"Fine, I'll go."

He threw his fist in the air. "She said yes!"

I laughed. "It's not like you were proposing or anything."

"I might as well have been. Who knew saying 'please' could get you somewhere?"

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the worksheet we were supposed to be working on while Mr. Smith was making copies or something. He was probably in the teacher's lounge ranting to whoever's in there about how bad our class was over a cup of coffee. "Go back to your seat, Ian."

"Okay...but only if you come with me."

"Needy."

"Gorgeous."

"Suck up."

"Beautiful."

"Jerk."

"Delightful."

"Egotistical butt face."

"Incredible butt and face."

"Ian!"

"Kitten," he smirked, enjoying our little banter.

"Go away," I whined. I seriously needed to get my work done in classes. My grades were slipping, not to the point where Dad was concerned, but it was getting there.

"I want a kiss first."

"We're in class."

"Baldy isn't here."

"But everyone else is!"

He looked around. "They don't care."

"But I do!"

"One quick kiss and I'll leave you to your nerd work."

I sighed, thinking this was blackmail, and quickly pressed my lips to his. I went to pull away, but his hand was on the back of my head, holding it in place. He tricked me! I really only had two options: kiss back or let him kiss me. It was awkward just sitting there, so naturally, I chose the first option.

I heard a throat being cleared and slammed my head back to make Ian loosen his grip. Apparently he had already removed his hand, so I went flying into the aisle. I tumbled onto the floor, pulling my skirt down so I wasn't too indecent for too long. My butt was sore and my face was red. Ian was still sitting in his seat, trying his hardest not to laugh.