Chapter 7: Cue the Cheesy Classics--What, No Rose Petals?

Dedicated to RealisticWriting for being the cutest person ever. Banner by Helvetica

Can I just say how much I love you all!? 12 fans, 31 votes, and 1321 reads? That's amazing!

---

Chapter 7: Cue the Cheesy Classics—What, No Rose Petals?

I wrapped Luke's sweater tighter over my body as I applauded with the rest of the crowd. Alec had just run his third homerun this game. He was a phenomenal baseball player. It was no wonder he was team captain.

"Geez, I didn't know you were such a baseball fanatic," Luke commented.

"I'm not; I just want to support my team, that's all."

"Mhm, okay," he said, unconvinced. "Or you want to catch the eye of a certain Alec Jennings."

"You're just as bad as Emma," I chastised, elbowing him.

"It's cold. We should've just stayed in and watched movies."

"You didn't have to come. Do you want your jacket back?"

He shook his head. "Then you'll be cold and I can't my little Charlie shivering, can I?"

Or you can cuddle me and we both would be warm and I'd be extremely happy. I really needed to stop talking like this. It made me sound clingy and desperate—a total turnoff.

Two hours later, we had won. Now I had to go tell Alec that I wouldn't be joining him for an after-game dinner.

"You did great out there," I complimented Alec.

"Oh, thanks, it was nothing. So are you ready to go eat?"

I half smiled. "Actually, no. You see, Luke wants to have dinner, just the two of us. So I'm going to have to take a rain check."

He let out an easy laugh. "No worries, but I'll be holding you to your promise."

"In the meantime, you can go sleep with that group of girls trying to flirt shamelessly with you."

"I'd rather sleep with you...but if you insist."

I made a shooing motion. "Go."

"One last thing, since you went on a date with Beckett, does this mean you're taken or do I get a chance?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"As a matter of fact, I am. So is that a yes?"

Should I? It's not like I was cheating on anyone. "It's a yes. So are you going to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope, just wear something you can move in. And if that happens to be nude, I'm okay with that."

I suddenly felt a bit nauseous and unsure about this date. Where was he planning to take me? More importantly, what was he planning to do?

"I'm kidding. You really don't get my sense of humor, do you?"

I laughed nervously. "Just paranoid."

"Alright, well Luke is sending me death glares, so I should probably leave. See you later?"

I nodded and went to rejoin Luke, who was waiting by the car. "What is your problem? Why were you glaring at Alec?"

"I don't like him."

"Why not?"

"Because he seems fishy."