Chapter 12: Post-Sex Food

Fan Art by L_L_H. Want to hear a joke I made up? It's really lame. What kind of coat does a cold fruit wear? Burberry! 

---

Chapter 12: Post-Sex Food

"I'm running out to pick up dessert. The pizza should be here in about ten minutes. A fifty should cover it. Just answer the door and hand him the money. Make sure he gives you the correct change. You're a smart girl. Figure out the math quicker than him."

"I know how this pizza thing works, Dad. I'm almost eighteen."

"In, like, March."

"That's, like, five months away!"

"Which is almost half a year. You're still my little baby," he cooed, pulling me into a bear hug.

I pushed him away. "Go get the sweets."

"Don't throw any wild parties while I'm gone."

"I'll try not to. Twenty minutes is an awfully long time to be gone," I replied sarcastically.

"Bye."

I rolled my eyes and subconsciously smoothed out the wrinkles in the fifty dollar bill. Geez, what does he do, crinkle it up a thousand times? The doorbell rang and I got off my lazy butt to answer it. I was getting pizza, so it was okay.

"Oh, hey Alec," I greeted. "Is that for me?"

"Are you Ted Summers?"

I made my voice deeper and gruffer. "Yup, that's me."

He laughed and handed me the pizzas. "$34.50. Out of fifty? $15.50 is your change."

"Thanks."

"Before you shut the door in my face, I have a favor to ask you."

"Alright, let's hear it."

"Will you wear my jersey?" he asked, almost seeming nervous that I would reject his offer.

"You...you want me to wear your jersey?" I asked, shocked.

"I mean, you don't have to. I was just thinking..."

"No, I do. But you don't let anyone wear your jersey!" Never in Alec's high school career has a single girl-or male-worn his jersey. Him asking me was kind of a little miracle.

"There was no one really worthy for it." Will someone cue the 'aww' card? "I mean, it is jersey number one."

"Are you saying that I'm worthy?"

"Yeah, you're number one material." And this is where the audience 'awws' again.

"How can I say no to that?"

His grin was lopsided-so cute. "I guess you can't. Hold on, let me go get it." He ran out to the car and grabbed a new looking blue and white jersey. "No germs!"

I took the jersey and set it carefully on the edge of the couch. "I'll be sure to rock it."

"There's no doubt in my mind that you will. Can I ask another favor?"

I nodded. "Okay."

"Would you accompany me to homecoming? We can be couple number one," he asked, as if the last statement could bribe me.

The star player of the baseball team was asking me to go to homecoming with him. I wasn't going to say no. So I said yes. "Sure, I'd love to be part of the number one couple."

"We should seal the deal with a kiss."

"Oh?"

"Yup," he replied cockily. It was kind of a turn-on, the way he suggested it.