Chapter Nineteen

The months after passed in a blur. Amber began focusing more on her own wedding and helping Crystal with preparations for the baby. They'd found the baby to be a boy, making Crystal threaten the boys a few times that if her angel of a boy grew up to be a little devil they'd all be held responsible. That was, of course, before Amber had shut her up by saying Crystal was worse than all four of them and she knew it. Crystal never argued about it again.

----

     Amber had been sleeping peacefully, tucked safely against Luke, when her phone began to ring. She was barely awake when she answered it, soon beginning to wake up faster.

     "Hello?"

     "What?! Now?"

     "Okay. Did you grab the overnight bags?"

     "Calm down, Calum. We'll pick them up on our way."

     "I'll get Luke to call Michael, and I'll call Ashton. Calm down and get her to the hospital."

     "Don't snap at me, Hood. You're dealing with my sister and nephew."

     "Okay. Bye."

     As she hung up, Luke tried to tug her back to him. She looked over to see he was still asleep. 

     "Luke, wake up." she said, shaking him.

     "What?" he mumbled as he finally woke.

     "Crystal's in labor. They're headed to the hospital. Get dressed, we have to go." Amber answered, slipping out of the bed.

     When Luke didn't move for a moment, Amber huffed and turned on the ceiling light.

     "Luke Robert Hemmings, your sister-in-law is in labor about to have your nephew. Get your ass up and get dressed." 

     That got him moving. An angry Amber was not a nice Amber. He quickly slipped a t-shirt on before grabbing a pair of pants and pulling them on as well. Amber was already dressed and out the door before he was done. He grabbed his jacket, as well as hers, before shoving his wallet and phone into his pocket. 

     "Amber, do you have you phone?" he asked, looking over at her as she walked out of the living room with her purse. 

     "Yeah. We need to stop by their house and get the overnight bags. I also need you to call Michael and let him know we need to get to the hospital. I'm calling Ashton now." she responded, walking past him into the night.

     He grabbed his keys from the hook by the door, pulling his phone out as he got in the car with Amber. She was quickly filling Ashton in on what was going on, holding her phone away as he yelled slightly. After telling him to calm down and get Bryana up, she told him they'd see him in a bit. By the time she hung up, Michael had been told and had assured Luke he and Crys would be there.

     "We're good. We just need to get the bags." Amber stated as they pulled off their road.

     "Had to come at one in the morning. Talk about early riser." Luke mumbled, laughing as Amber smacked him.

     "Be nice. He wants to see the world early." 

     "Exactly. It is early. Therefore, he's an early riser."

     Amber rolled her eyes, looking out the window for the duration of the ride. It didn't take long to reach her sister's house. They didn't live but a few minutes from Amber and Luke. As Luke parked on the curb, Amber quickly got out and hurried to the front door. Reaching into the mailbox, she pulled out the spare key and quickly entered, greeting Trish momentarily before grabbing the overnight bags. She kept Trish back as she closed and locked the door before putting the key back in the mailbox.

     "Let's go." Amber said as she got into the car.

     Luke pulled off while she set the bags in the backseat before buckling up. She tapped her fingers on her leg, looking out the window. When Luke reached over and grabbed her hand, she smiled at him before looking out the window again.

----

     "Crystal Hood?" Amber inquired when they reached the receptionist. 

     "She'll be out in a bit. Please have a seat in the waiting room." 

     Amber nodded and walked off to the waiting room. Ashton and Bryana were already there, standing and greeting the two when they entered. Amber sat down beside Bryana, the boys on either side of them. Michael and Crys showed up just before a nurse came out.

     "Crystal Hood."

     The group stood and headed after her. She led them to a large room, stepping aside to let them in. Amber smiled as she spotted her sister and the tiny blue bundle she held. Luke set the overnight bags down and moved up next to everyone else.

     "Everyone," Crystal started, her voice hinting at her exhaustion. "Meet Karsyn Bellmay Hood."

     Amber and the girls smiled as they looked on at the small bundle in her arms. The boys, rather serious for once, contrulated Calum and Crystal, the couple giving their thanks.

     "Amber."

     "Hmm?" she replied, looking towards her sister.

     "Do you want to hold him?"

     Amber nodded, smiling slightly as Crystal carefully handed her son off to his aunt. She ginned as he yawned, opening his eyes slightly for her.

     "Hey, Karsyn." she whispered, letting his little hand hold her finger as she looked over at Crystal. "He's precious."

     Crystal smiled, taking her son back as Amber handed him back over. 

     "When does he go home?" Ashton asked, looking over at Calum.

     "Couple days. They're going to make sure they're both healthy before sending them off. He's actually a week early." he responded.

     Everyone nodded, looking back to Karsyn as he began to sleep. Luke smiled and looked around at everyone.

     "It's offcial. There's a new member of the family." he stated.

     "Welcome home, Karsyn." Crystal said softly as she smiled down at her little boy.