Chapter Twelve

After that, the two had kindly explained to Calum and Crystal that they'd be heading off. Calum smirked at Luke as he kept his arm around Amber. Crystal's smile couldn't have been any bigger as she held a thumbs up at Amber. With a smile, Amber held her thumb up before walking off with Luke. Calum looked over a Crystal and smiled before closing the door. He was glad his friend was better. And it hadn't even been that long since she'd returned.

----

     They hadn't left his house after that. All they wanted was to stay together. Amber didn't mind. She wasn't quite ready for Ashton and Michael's personalities after returning. In the meantime, the two had stayed cuddled up together in bed. Amber hadn't slept as well as she did until he had held her close again. 

     Luke had suffered as much as she had, if not more. But he could relax better now that he had her back. He was glad to be able to sleep better. 'Want You Back' had never been more true until he hadn't seen her back in San Francisco. That was when he was sure he had lost her. If she knew he was there and still wanted him, she would have been there. He had thought he had lost her completely at that point.

----

     They had finally left on the third day. They had avoided major places, keeping their heads down as best they could. The pair had returned as dusk was rolling around, chatting about the day as Amber began cooking. Luke moved around, helping her when she needed it. During a lapse in being needed, he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck before resting his head on her shoulder.

     "I love you." he whispered softly.

     "I love you too, Luke." she responded, craning her neck to where she could kiss him.

     After she they had finished with dinner, the two cuddled up on the couch to watch an all time favorite. As Supernatural went on, Amber smiled to herself. It felt nice to be back with him. Everything proved that Crystal was right. He was who she missed. Who she wanted the past couple years. And now that she had him, she hoped with everything she had inside her that nothing would repeat.

     "Come on." he said suddenly.

     She looked up at him with a raise brow, only to be answered with a mischevious smile. He turned off the show ad stood, pulling her up with him. She grinned as he pulled her along to the bedroom for some fun. As he closed the door behind them, she knew this would be a night she wouldn't forget.

----

     He woke up first. When he looked beside him, she was asleep still. He smiled and ran his fingers through her hair the same way he had the first time he had woken up next to her. This time she didn't wake up. All she did do was press herself closer against his side. He didn't dare wake her up, not wanting to disturb the peace that surrounded them by making her get up.

     He bent down as best as he could and kissed the top of her head briefly before looking over to the window where the light shined through brightly. He sighed quietly and let his head rest against his pillow again as he closed his eyes. He only opened them again a few minutes later when Amber stirred.

     "Good morning." she mumbled softly, her voice still laced with sleep.

     "Good morning, princess." he responded, earning a content smile from her.

      He half expected her to get up at that moment, but she stayed against him fighting off the urge to sleep some more. It was a sudden text that got their attention. As he grabbed his phone, he frowned and huffed before answering. When he set his phone down, he looked back at Amber who was waiting for an explanation.

     "Interview." he stated causing her to groan. 

     "Fine." she grumbled, sitting up with the sheet tucked around her.

     He sat up with her and wrapped an arm around her before releasing him. She sighed and bent over the side of the bed, grabbing the first article of clothing she felt. It happened to be the t-shirt he'd been wearing the day before. She slipped it on, rolling her eyes as he chuckled. While she had been reaching for something to slip on, he'd already slipped on his boxers and was currently sliding into his jeans.

     "Shut up, Hemmings. If I remember correctly, you never minded me stealing your shirts."

     "Of course not. You always looked good in them. Now, if you excuse me. I have to get ready for an interview." he stated, walking over to her. 

     "By all means. Have fun." she responded.

     "Always." 

     He kissed her before walking off into the bathroom. She rolled her eyes and slipped out of the bed after he closed the door. Putting on some more articles of clothing, she wandered off to the kitchen. By the time he had joined her, he was changed and ready for his interview. She handed him a cup of coffee with a smile, earning a kiss. 

     "I have to go. They've scheduled this one early. I'll be back as soon as it ends." he insisted, checking his phone and shoving it back in his jacket pocket.

     "Just go. I'll see you when you get back." she told him.

     He nodded, kissing her gently before setting his coffee down and heading out. She followed him outside, waving to him as he left. With a smile, she wandered back into the house to wait for his return.

A/N: so yeah. this was just to be soley for Amber and Luke as a little filler. hope you enjoyed.