Chapter Fifteen

They stayed together, her against his side as he kept her calm. They'd ended up falling asleep in that corner. By the time he woke up, it was around one in the morning. He'd picked her up and placed her in the bed before laying down with her, pulling the covers over both of them. As soon as he did, she had managed to press herself next to him. He didn't complain, wrapping his arms around her before he let himself fall asleep again.

----

     She woke up first, looking around. When her eyes landed on Calum's sleeping face, she smiled a little. She'd missed him over the past couple weeks. With a soft sigh, she rolled over only to be dragged back against him. 

     "Morning, beautiful." his whispered, his voice still raspy from sleep.

     "Morning." she responded as he kissed her neck.

     She remembered the events of the other day, quickly getting up much to his protests. She tried the door and groaned. 

     "Still locked." she grumbled, looking over at Calum.

     "Figures." he answered, running his hand through his hair as he sat up.

     She interanlly screamed at herself for falling for it. Seeing the look in her eyes, Calum smirked as he stood and waltzed over to her a little cockily. 

     "See something you like?" he asked, causing her cheeks to burn.

     "I hate you." she muttered, not looking at him.

     "No you don't. And I know how to make sure you don't." 

     With a sly smile he pulled her back towards the bed to occupy their morning.

----

     Luke unlocked the door and poked his head in. All he found was the two of them asleep under the sheets. Smiling contently, he left the door unlocked as he closed it. 

     "Well?" Amber asked, looking at him.

     "They're good. Let's go. I believe I promised you something last night if you quit trying to kill me for doing this." he responded slyly. 

     "I can live with that."

     Leaving her sister and Calum to themselves, she followed Luke down stairs and out to the car, ready to get home. She was going to make sure he fulfilled his promise.

----

     The group had been called together by Ashton for a day out. No one protested as they headed off for a day at the beach. Crystal and Calum showed up, both confirming they were back together again. Everyone practically cheered, happy to have the problems settled for now. 

     "Last one to the water has to buy lunch!" Ashton annouced before running for the water.

     "Oh no you don't!" Amber shouted, running after him. 

     Crystal followed close behind, barely getting missed by Luke as he tackled Amber into the water with him. Michael beat Calum by a split second, almost losing to him. 

     "Dang it, Mikey!" Calum shouted as he came up. 

     "Looks like you have to pay for lunch, mate." he answered with a grin.

     Calum huffed and slapped his hand against the water, splashing Michael like a two year old. That was what started the splashing fight. Michael hit Calum again, Luke ended up getting Amber after Ashton had gotten him. That was when it really got bad. The girls managed to get all the guys before they stopped for the day. 

     Calum, like the child he was, shooking her wet hair towards Crystal causing her to shout. Amber chuckled before Luke did the same, watching as he stepped away laughing when she smacked his arm. The girls huffed and dried off before climbing into the vehicle. The boys followed suit, laughing at the reactions as Amber threatened both Luke and Calum before they climbed in too. 

----

     The group sat around the tv, watching Ashton and Michael go at it with video games while they talked. Amber smiled, looking over Crystal who was grinning. They hadn't expected things to be okay again. For days like the ones from the past to occur. So many bumps had occured during the years since the tour. And the girls loved thinking about it.

     "Just like old times." Luke muttered, catching Amber's attention.

     "I was just thinking about that actually." she responded with a smile.

     "Thinking about what?" Crystal asked, looking over at her sister.

     "This. It's just like when we were on tour. Ashton and Michael trying to beat each other at a game. The peace from all this. Knowing this is our family. All of us together. It's just something that never gets old. Like knowing that this is always going to happen in the end."

     "You're right. We are family. And I think you're right on more than one level. We've had problems. Me and Calum. You leaving for a couple years. But now, we're sitting here. And this is one of the best places to be. Gathered in one place together, enjoying the time we do get together."

     Ashton and Michael had paused their game, looking at each other before Michael stood and wandered off. He returned a moment later with Amber's laptop and pulled a flashdrive from his pocket.

     "I figured we'd wait but this seems as good a time as any." he explained, as Amber unlocked her laptop.

     He plugged in the flashdrive, turning the laptop away from everyone except Ashton as they pulled up the document. Ashton darted outside, returning a moment later with a chord. The others watched as the pair hooked the laptop up to tv, a video suddenly popping up.

     "To family." Ashton said as Michael played the video.

     The pair took their places as the video started playing. Amber smiled as 'See You Again' from Fast and Furious played as different pictures flashed around the screen. One popped up of the the groups at Luke's house, Amber and Crystal pushing Luke and Calum back into the pool. Amber smiled as tears pooled in her eyes as a short video played over the music. Luke pointed into the crowd before helping her onto stage. She felt him pull her closer to him as he asked her to be his girlfriend in front of everyone. Ashton looked back at her with a grin as she mouthed a thank you to him. They turned their attention back to the screen as more pictures and short videos popped up. The last picture to pop up was one of the entire group at the end of the tour in San Fracisco, standing on a cliff overlooking to ocean. The girls stood together between Luke and Calum, Michael on the otherside of Calum while Ashton stood on the other side of Luke, all of them grinning with their arms around each other,