Chapter Eighteen

A/N: listen to the song above on repeat during the wedding scene or whole chapter. depends on your mood.

----

     They both agreed. Their weddings weren't going to be big. Just a few friends from both sides as well as family from both sides. Amber, not wanting the stress of doing a wedding early, left it up to Crystal for the date. Wanting to have it before the baby came, she decided on a date. Being due closer to October, she set it for May. It was then that she prepared for the oncoming chaos.

----

     She'd gotten her dress. Calum had gotten the rings. Amber was helping with bridesmaid dresses. It had gotten a little hectic after the first month of being back. Crystal had taken on two new bridesmaids after meeting Ashton's and Michael's girlfriends, Bryana and Crystal. It was quite funny how her sister had reacted to the other Crystal. Amber and Bryana had gotten along off the bat. 

     With the wedding just a day away, the girls had gathered at Luke and Amber's for the night. Their mom had flown in with Thomas earlier that day. A few other friends from San Francisco had flown in earlier in the week. Calum's mother and sister had even joined the group for a night in doing relatively nothing. It was a nice twist on a bachelorette party. Although Crystal really had no choice due to the baby, she still enjoyed having family and friends around before the big day. 

     "Okay, here's the game!" Amber called as she emerged with a few multicolored paperclips. "You can't say wedding, bride, or groom. If someone else says it then you get their paperclip."

     She went around and placed a different colored clip on each person's shirt sleeve or collar. The older women laughed while the girls huffed. It was meant to be challenging. 

     "Let the game begin." 

     By the time everyone was heading to bed, the Crystal had gotten most of the clips. She'd collected Joy's and Mali Koa's clip early on when the two had accidentally slipped up. She'd gotten Crys' clip right after. Bryana had lost her clip to Crystal and Amber's mom, while Amber lost her clip to her sister just before the game ended. 

     "I think we need to sleep now." Bryana said as she quit laughing, having gotten over the last sarcastic remark Crystal thrown at Amber just moments before.

     "I think you're right," Amber responded, noting Crystal trying and failing not to yawn. "We don't need a sleep deprived bride tomorrow."

     Crystal tossed a rather unkind gesture at Amber, everyone laughing as Amber called for their mom who was too busy laughing to do anything. With that done, the girls and women split up for the night, more concerned with sleep than anything.

----

      To say the next day was painless was a lie. Stress almost got to Crystal a few times. Luckily Amber and their mom had been able to keep her calm. Bryana kept a close eye on the time as she worked on Crystal's hair. Amber worked in time with her, working on Crystal's makeup. Crys walked back in, hiding her mild panic from Crystal as she moved over to the girls' mom to whisper something. 

     "Where's mom going?" Crystal asked when she spotted her mother leaving.

     "Be still. And I'm sure she just went to grab something real quick." Amber responded.

     Crystal sat in silence as her sister kept working. By the time Amber had finished her makeup, Bryana was almost finished with her hair. As Bryana searched for the hair piece, their mother returned with a smile and the bouquets. She gently set the bouquets down before helping Bryana search. Amber was in fact the one to uncover the hair piece, having found it amongst the various makeup bags. Bryana quickly and gently placed it in her friend's hair with a smile.