Chapter Thirteen

To say that Crystal was happy was an understatement. After the two had agreed to join the others for a small get together, they had announced they were officially back together. Everyone had then brightened. It was nice to see Luke happier again and to have Amber back. Crystal had been more than happy to have her sister back. 

     The girls then began working together to get Amber's belongings moved back to Australia. After a few months, they had most of her things moved over. Not bothering to get an apartment, she moved in with Luke, who was more than happy to have her with him. But where one things fixes, there's bound to be another to unravel.

----

     Crystal had returned from Luke's after visiting Amber and helping her sort through some of the recent boxes that had been delivered finally. As she pulled up to the house, she frowned at seeing a strange car in the drive. He hadn't told her that anyone was visiting. Shoving the thought away, she parked and grabbed her phone and shoulder bag before heading inside. 

     "Calum, I'm-" she froze upon the sight before her. "What the hell?!"

     Calum shoved the girl off, ignoring her annoyed expression. Before he could even stand, Crystal stormed off. As she ran up the stairs, she heard him tell the girl off and send her off. By the time the stranger was gone, Crystal was shoving things into a duffel bag as she called Amber in tears.

     "Amber."

     "I need a place to stay."

     "I'll explain when I get there."

     "No. He isn't coming with me."

     "No, Amber. He-"

     "No, I came home and he was kissing some girl."

     "I don't know who she was, I've never met her."

     "Okay, I'll see you in a few minutes."

     Crystal hung up, looking around the room. She snatched up a few more necessities, shoving them into the bag before zipping it up. As she placed the strap on her shoulder and began heading for the bedroom door, she stopped when she saw him.

     "Please don't go. I'm sorry. I-"

     "Save it, Hood. I know what I saw. You're sorry? Too bad!" she snarled, cold rage lacing her voice. 

     She shoved past him, practically sprinting down the stairs as he followed, pleading for her to stay. She shot back a few statements, causing him to stop as she reached the door.

     "Please, Crystal." he whispered.

     "No." she muttered, tears falling as she headed out to her car.

----

     Luke opened the door when she knocked. He looked at her with a sympathetic expression, hiding his anger well. Amber stood a little ways in, opening her arms for her younger sister as Luke closed the door. Crystal let her confidence melt away as she hurried forward into her sister's embrace. 

     "I can't believe him! How could he?" she cried as Amber rubbed her back.

     "It's okay. It's going to be okay." Amber soothed, looking over at Luke. 

     He hid his anger well. She was shocked really. When he had asked what was wrong with Crystal, Amber had calmly explained it. At that point, Amber was sure he didn't care if Calum was his friend. He looked ready to murder him.

     "Come on. Let's get you settled." Amber stated, leading her sister upstairs.

     Crystal followed behind Amber, swiping at the tears. She hated him. She honestly hated him. She had trusted him. After so many misfortunes before him, she had finally believed she had found someone who truly loved her. Now he had gone and done this? She should have known. She should have let herself be naïve to believe someone could honestly love her.

----

     Amber had finally come down after a couple hours, joining Luke on the couch. He pulled her against him, kissing the top of her head.

     "How is she?" he asked quietly.

     "She's finally asleep. She exhausted herself out crying. Calum tried to call her. Tried to call me too. We denied the calls." she responded.

     "He tried to call me too. I didn't bother answering. Couldn't trust myself not to say something." 

     Amber nodded, looking towards the stairs. She couldn't believe him! He had sworn to never hurt Crystal. This was just stupid. The more she thought about it, the more something didn't add up. She was snapped out of her thoughts as her phone rang. Another call. With a huff, she snatched it from the table holding her thumb over the decline icon. Second guessing herself, she answered. 

     "What do you want?"

     "Yes, she's here."

     "Don't you dare. I speak on behalf of two when I say you won't survive."

     "What were you thinking?!"

     "No, Calum. This is on you."

     "Why didn't you shove her off in the first place then?"

     "She cried herself to sleep, Calum! I'm sorry isn't going to fix this."

     "No."

     "Go ahead. I dare you. I ------- dare you."

     "Quit calling us, okay. Well it doesn't matter if it's okay, just quit calling."

     "Bye."

     She hung up and set her phone down. Luke looked over at her with a raised brow, waiting for her to calm down a little.

     "Didn't think you were that merciless." he commented after a moment.

     "Don't start. Besides, he hurt my sister. My little sister, Luke. I don't care if she's younger by a year. She's still younger and I feel responsible for her no matter what." she responded, tears finally falling from the pent up emotions from earlier.

     "Come on. I think you need rest as much as the next person. It's been a long day." 

     He stood up and lifted her up, allowing her to wrap herself around him before he headed upstairs to their room. As he set her down to let her go change, he made up his mind then. If Calum came around, he was a dead man.