Chapter Ten

Amber huffed, hugging her coat closer to her frame as she walked down the street. It had been three months since she had moved back to San Francisco. She had kept in touch with everyone except Luke. She still hadn't forgiven him for what he'd said. She had entrusted her heart to him. Everything she treasured was destroyed right then that very day. 

     Her depression hadn't let up since either. It was a miracle she'd gotten up earlier. If her Thomas hadn't asked her to come over and play video games with him, she would still be in bed. She never said no to Thomas. That was like telling an excited three year old no. The consequences were far less lethal but nonetheless sad.

     "Hey!" Thomas greeted, opening the door after she knocked.

     He hugged her tightly before ushering her inside the warm house. Shedding her coat at the door, she slipped her boots off and join Thomas on the couch. From there is was nothing more than an all out competition in Mario Kart. 

     "Hey! Did you just throw that shell?!"

     "I would never!" 

     They continued like that for a few hours before stopping. Thomas turned on Supernatural and sighed.

     "What's wrong?" Amber asked, looking over at him.

     "Don't get me wrong. I love having you back in San Francisco. But I miss Crystal too. It isn't the same watching this with you and her not being her." he explained.

     "I know, Thomas. But-" she was cut off as her phone started ringing. "Speak of the devil."

     "Hey, sis." she said as she stood up and walked off a little.

     "Nothing. Fixing to watch Supernatural with Thomas."

     "He misses you too. He also says hello."

     "Oh? That's great, sis."

     "Alright. Tell the boys I said good luck."

     "Love you too, sis. Bye."

     She set her phone down with a sigh, falling into her spot on the couch. Thomas didn't dare ask. He knew to leave the subject alone. The only reason Crystal would have called, acting so excited would be because the group was going on tour again. As Amber kept her eyes on the tv screen, he pulled up his Snapchat. Sure enough, she had a picture with all the boys captioned 'Tour Time'. His eyes narrowed at the sight of Luke, picking out his depressed smile. He looked horrible. In Thomas's mind, he deserved it. Hurting Amber, a sister like figure to him, was cruel and uncalled for. Luke's pain was his own fault.

----

     Amber kept up with her sister's movements. The tour was small, not worldwide. It didn't last long. The big tour came about a year later. That was when they began dropping singles again. Amber didn't dare listen to their music. She hadn't listened to it since her and Luke's fight. She knew it wouldn't help this time. It would only hurt her. It was bad enough she had held onto the pictures and videos during the time they had gotten along and still been okay.

     If she wasn't mistaken, Crystal called around the time they were in South America. All she wanted to know was if Amber had listened to the new songs.

     "Hey."

     "No."

     "Why?"

     "Okay."

     "Mom needs me. I'll listen to it later."

     "Okay. Love you too. Bye."

     Amber tossed her phone on her bed as she sat against the headboard. She had no desire to listen to the new songs. And she had no plan too either.

----

     Crystal had called from then on out. She always asked. Wanting to know everyday if Amber had listened to them. Each time, she said no. It was always another excuse not to listen to them. She couldn't handle his voice. The one she had loved hearing every day. The one she had fallen in love with when she first heard their music.

     What sent Amber into a mild fit was when Crystal asked if she could let Calum tag along. Amber was quick to shoot down the wish, explaining they had been texting her every once in a while. The texts consisted of them not knowing what happened but to come back. The sometimes snapped her, sending her pictures of Luke looking all depressed. Every time she had to ask them to stop and say no. It killed her whenever she saw those messages. She missed him. But he had made it clear that he wanted her out of his life.

     It was after explaining that, Amber stated that she was sure they would drag Luke along. And she not only did not want to see him, she couldn't handle seeing him. Not right now. Crystal had agreed sadly before leaving her sister be. A few days later and Crystal was in Amber's room, trying to cheer her up. It was no secret Amber still fought her depression. What was worse was Crystal was beginning to be hit by small waves. Luckily she had Calum, but Amber didn't have anyone except Thomas and their mom. Granted both were good in the field of helping the girls, Crystal knew who Amber really wanted. 

     Their days together never lasted long enough in either of heir opinions. But Crystal always swore she would come back. And she always did. The only time Amber asked her not to come was when the boys stopped in San Francisco. That was when she had stayed at Thomas' place, knowing full well the boys knew where her mom lived, having joined the girls their last day when the tour ended. And she was right. Her mom had called, letting her know Calum and Ashton had shown up with Luke and Michael in tow. Amber thanked her mom for sending them off, not giving away Amber's location.

     When the boys and Crystal left San Francisco, Amber went back to her home. Her mom and Thomas were powerless at that point. Amber holed herself up with Henley in the bedroom. Her mother often spent her evenings worrying as she heard the sniffling and soft cries from the room some days. She hated seeing her daughter like this. But Amber held no hate except to herself for allowing him to break her the way he had.