Chapter 33: Confessions

[Cyan's POV]

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Katelynne asked.

I nodded as I was getting ready.

"I believe your.... our mom... But right now, I want to know what this woman knows," I said, brushing my hair before I gut up, but Katelynne stopped me.

"Then let me go with you," she insisted.

"Katelynne," I said.

"I was there when they took you, too," she said.

I looked at her in slence before we both hugged.

"Come on then," I said.

We got our purses, putting in our phones and going downstairs.

I walked up to Kellin and hugged him.

"Be careful, both of you," he said.

"I know," I said as we kissed.

We soon left, taking Katelynne's car as we headed to the cafe.

We drove in silence as we then arrived, seeing Gina was sitting outside, a cup in front of her as she read a book.

I looked at Katelynne as we both nodded and climbed out, and then approached the table.

Gina looked up at us with a blank expression.

"Hello," I said, blankly.

"Hello, Cyan, and I'm guessing you're Katelynne," she said in a calm tone.Katelynne nodded.

"May we sit?" I asked.

"Of course," Gina said.

We took our seats across from her, a waiter coming and taking our orders. We just orders some coffee and then he left.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" she asked as she placed a bookmark in her book and closed it, revealing it to be a mystery novel I never heard of.

"I want to know why you guys kidnapped me as a baby, and if it really was Randy," I said.

Gina was quiet before she sighed.

"Its not a happy story... But here goes," she said.

We listened as she continued.

"Randy and I were expecting a child. He was happy, I was happy, not to mention excited for the new baby. But... not everyone is lucky to be happy, and that happiness ends up getting crushed," she said.

"What happeend?" I asked.

"We got in a car accident on our way back home from the store. A drunk driver hit us. I lost the baby and I couldn't have children anymore do to the damage I've suffered," she said, looking sad.

I looked at her in shock. "I... I'm so sorry," I said.

She sighed. "I am, too. After the accident and the news, Randy found comfort in drinking, became aggressive, thankfully not to me since I hid, he quit his job, only to find one I didn't want any part in," she said.

"Human trafficking," Katelynne said.

"First it was drugs, but then he went to that," Gina said. "I found comfort in drinking so I ignored him. Until that night he bought you home. I hated him for bringing you, and I had many reasons to hate what was happening."

"Like?" I asked.

"The fact that you were just there, mocking me with knowing that my real baby is dead and I could't have my own children, basically have you there," she said.