Chapter 25: Rescued

[Kellin's POV]

We follow the workers to an secluded cabin and not long after, a team of 10 police cruisers skid to a stop and surrounded the house so nobody can escape.

"You are surrounded. Come out with the girl and your hands up," a detective said through a megaphone.

It wasn't long until there was movement and all guns were pointed to the door and out walked and out a guy looking around the same age as Cyan's adopted father looked.

He held the gun In one hand and a girl in the other.

The girl looks bruised and bloody, and wore a purple lacey nightgown that only reached to her thighs, and she was really really skinny. Her knee was bent in a strange angle.

"Guns down or I'll shoot her!!" the guy shouted, then pulled the girls head to reveal her identity.

"CYAN!!!" I shouted, about to run forward, but Vic and Gabe held me back.

"Kellin," Cyan said in a faint voice. Blood was dripping from her mouth and her face and neck were bruised badly.

"Quiet!!!" the guy sneered pulling hard at Cyan's hair, making her cry out in pain.

"Let her go!!!" I shouted.

"Or what?!!" he shouted.

As it were a switch, a gunshot sounded and we all froze as we saw the guy release Cyan, who fell to the ground and the guy fell nearby, a gun wound on his head.

"CYAN!!!!!!!" I shouted as I ran over to where she lied down, am ambulance already parking nearby.

I got to her and kneeled next to her and carefully pulled her into my arms. She was alive.

"Thank goodness," I said, leaning down to kiss her.

"Kellin," she said, smiling weakly before closing her eyes.

"Cyan, wake up!!" I said.

The paramedics quickly get to where I am and get Cyan in a stretcher and wheel her to the ambulance and me and Jack follow while the guys answer questions to the cops.

Cyan still had a pulse, but needed immediate medical aid.

I don't know who fired that shot, bur at least now Cyan is safe.

Now I'm hoping she makes it out of this.