Thank you ex-boyfriend!

Chapter 5: Thank you ex-boyfriend!                   

Saturday passed in a breeze. Since I barely drank at this party I gratefully didn't have a hangover. I spent the day cleaning up the apartment. I know what you’re thinking, why would a high school boy be cleaning on his own terms -none the less on a Saturday? Well, it's quite simple actually: I hate messes.

After I cleaned up the floors, did the little laundry I had, and did the few dishes I also had, I went to my room got on some new gym shorts and headed for the park that's down the street from my apartment. It's got a basketball court, and sometimes I'll go down, shoot some hoops and just think. I usually invite Jake and few other guys. I send Jake, Troy, and Ryan a text:

any1 4 bb 2day?

ya see u there in 10 is what Ryan replies. And a few minutes later I get texts from Jake and Troy.

sure. giv me 15 min replies Jake

Troy says ya sure when?

20 minutes I reply. He sends back he'll be there.

So I head for the court. I get in some 3-pointers and dunks as warm up before they all walk over to me.

"Ready to get your ass kicked?" Says Troy.

"In your dreams. Me and Jake verse you two" I reply pointing at Troy and Ryan.

"Cool, but when we do kick your ass don't come crying to us." Ryan taunts.

***

 It was already five by the time we ended our game. Me and Jake kicked ass with our 53-23 score. At least this part of my life was normal. Just hanging out with my friends; it felt good to let all the stress about Alexis melt away.

I was walking back home when I saw a flash of familiar long silky black hair. Alexis. She lives by me? I can't believe I didn't know this. I stop and watch her as she goes into the building across from mine, and about 2 minutes later see a faint light come on in the bottom level apartment. And just as I'm about to turn and go back into my own apartment, I hear a door slam and whip around just in time to see Alexis run back out, and run across the street. She starts walking away from me. What the hell just happened? Well, all I know is I'm going to find out one way or the other. "Alexis!" I call out to her.

She stops dead in her tracks, looks over her shoulder at me as I run down the sidewalk but resumes walking when I'm like 5 feet behind her.

"Alexis!" I call again, not as loud but enough to tell her to stop. As I come up in front of her she tries to walk around me, but I block her way. She has tears coming from those amazing blue eyes.

"What do you want Luke? I'm not in the mood." She snaps as she gets around me and keeps walking.

"Alexis would you stop. I know you’re not in the mood, I just wanted to see if you’re okay?" I plead. I really did, she didn’t seem fit enough to walk home. Especially since it's getting dark. I may be a player, but I learned a few manners. Well, actually this would be one of the ways I've won the bet over the months. Find 'em at their weakest. Cruel, I know, but hey a guy has to do what a guy has to do.

She takes in a deep breath and lets it out. "Yeah, I'll be okay. Thanks." Her tears start to lessen.

"Where do you live? You can't walk home when it's getting dark out. And on a Saturday night in this city, it's not something I would recommend."

"Eastern Farms is not too far from here. I'll manage, but thanks though."

"Eastern Farms, Alexis? That's across town. How did you even get here?" Now I'm really concerned. Eastern Farms is not only like 15 miles away, but the darker it gets, the harder it will be for her to find he way around. Been there, done that, never going back.

"I got a cab to drop me off a couple blocks away. I was going to surprise my boyfriend, but he um… yeah" She whispered.

I could take a hell of a guess and say she walked in on her boyfriend and saw exactly what she didn't want to. Thanks to her, what I can only guess her soon to be ex, I now have a better chance of getting to know her. "Well, come back to my place, and I'll get you a cab while you wait." I said turning her back around.

She considers this. "Alright. But just to wait for a cab."

"Deal." I say leading her back to my apartment. As we approach the door I unlock it and lead her inside. I motion for her to sit on the couch while I phone a cab to my address.  As I'm talking to the cab driver, I see her looking around. I'm sure glad I cleaned up now. My apartment before would have been a complete disaster. I am going to have to start impressing. Maybe I could start now...Nah, I'll just wait. I want her reaction.

I walk over to my little coffee maker and get her a little mug full while she waits for the cab.

"Thanks." She simply says as takes the mug,

"You’re welcome Alexis."

"How do you know my name?"

"I know all the girls names. Especially the pretty ones." So much for not impressing her yet.

She blushes a little. How cute. I can make her blush. "Uh...T-Thanks." She stammers.

"Yep."

Beep Beep

"Well that's my cab. Thanks for the coffee, Luke." She states getting up and making her way for the door.

I follow, "Anytime. See you at school."

"Yeah. Bye"

As the door closed, I knew quite simply one thing.

I'm falling hard for Alexis Walker, and can't help it.