Daydreaming

Chapter 2: Daydreaming

I see Jake waiting a few feet away from the massive crowd, so I walk up to him. "Hey, party still on for tonight?"

"Hell ya! Of course it is."

"Good, because I don't plan on giving you twenty bucks in the near, or distant, future" I joke as we turn around and head for the school.

"Just wait, I'll get a payday soon enough." He says confidently.

"Yeah right! Katy is coming right?" I ask.

"Well duh" he says in his 'isn't it obvious' tone "everyone we know is invited -which is like most of the school. I'll have the doors locked, but I'll give you a key when you get there, so you have access to the rooms. Just don't choose mine."

"Wouldn't dream of that happening, again." I say.

FLASHBACK

It was a couple months back and Jake was having his Friday night party. My latest target was Jenifer- one of the sluts at our school. I got them done first to get em' over with. Well, I got Jenifer into a room- Jakes room.  I picked Jakes since it was the first one, and well let’s just say he didn't have a great experience that night as I was in the middle of it with Jenifer, when he just strolls right in with his "date." That was one of the most awkward conversations of my life.

 END OF FLASHBACK

As me and Jake walk down the main hallway to our first classes, I can't help but notice that Alexis and Sasha are at their lockers. I still don't know which one to pick. I mean Sasha seems feisty with her Blonde hair, and amber eyes. Her medium build, and nice "assets" if I do say so myself. Alexis, is like the complete opposite though. Her brown hair that's so dark it looks black hair, and stunning blue-grey eyes. She seems so shy and innocent. She's shorter than my 5'11" frame; probably around 5' 5" ish, and doesn't wear the most flattering of clothes. But something just tells me she has some curves under it all. And Sasha wears clothes that defiantly aren't classified as "slutty", but they at least show her off.

As I arrive at my first bell, History, I can't help but think about both girls. As the bell rings, I find myself thinking about them. They both certainly have pros and cons. Sasha might be easier than Alexis, but the challenge she comes with is almost intriguing. Pondering this, I realize I have one question to answer:  Would I like a challenge or an easy one? Maybe I’ll just pick the-

"Mr. Daniels, care to answer my question?" Mr. Hall, my History teacher says.

"Wh-What was the question?" At this the class laughs. Not like I care, I just don't want a detention for not listening in.

"I asked how Civil War started."

"Oh, didn't have something to do with Slaves, and the North versus the South?" I ask. Trying to remember stuff from freshman year and barely knowing it then, is not helping my situation here.

"Yes it did. And Mr. Daniels,"

"Yes?"

"I suggest you start paying attention instead on daydreaming in my class, or next time I won't let you off." He scolds me. Great. My day is going smooth already.

"Yes sir." I say slinking down just a bit in my chair. I can't help but get a few sly smiles from my classmates.

***

The next 3 bells just flew by after that. I don't even remember going to my locker to put the few books I carry away. But I did, so here I am sitting at my table with my friends and a few girls.

"Luke?"

"What?" I guess I'm thinking about Alexis too much.

"You seemed pretty dazed there. Everything okay?" Jake asks.

"Nah, he's fine. Just probably thinking about his plans for Katy. Right Luke?" My other friend Ryan answers for me.

"No, I'm fine, just thinking about whose next actually." That gets the whole tables attention. They all just want to know whose next, beforehand. Well, none of them will believe who I'm going to pick. They probably won't even know who Alexis Walker is. No, there's no doubt in my mind that they won't know her. I mean I barely know her myself. I just know of her rep; goody-two-shoes, quiet, and smart.

I mean, I can barely even believe I’m picking her, but the challenge is something I’ve never had before so it should be interesting as to how it works out. I’m actually anxious for Sunday now, when I tell the whole school. Is that bad? I hope not.

"See? He's doing it again." I hear Jake say. That's what snaps me out of it and notice everyone is staring at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Quit daydreaming. You've never been this out of it.” Jake says.

“So who's the next one anyway?" Troy asks.

"You'll all find out on Sunday." I reply. 

Daydreaming? Really? I'm not daydreaming about some chick I don't even know.

Then what are you doing right now?

What the hell is that? Great, now I'm talking to myself. This Alexis Walker is already messing with me, and I’ve only known I was going to pick her since 3rd period. This is not good. Not good at all.