I Care Too Much

Chapter 6: I Care Too Much

After Alexis left I decided to take a shower. I needed it after that game. I hope she didn't mind seeing me all sweaty. I let the hot water run all over my body as I let it melt away the stress since I have to update the site tonight. I almost feel bad. She just lost her boyfriend now I'm basically forcing her to have sex with me. Maybe I should pick someone else…

Nope! I'm set on Alexis. Not to mention this not only gives me an excuse to get in her pants, but more importantly a reason to get to know her.

Whoa! Back up! Did I just say getting to know her was better than sex? Yes, I did and I can't believe it. She has more power over me than she even realizes. This is quite sad; a girl is literally flipping the way I think completely around. Alexis Walker better be worth this.

Twenty minutes later I have myself a make-shift dinner and the TV. turned on to some show called Storage Wars. I'd say it was interesting, but it really isn't since I know nothing about historic objects and/or if any of these prices are near right. So I just watch it mindlessly and before I even know it I've watched 5 episodes and it's almost 8 o'clock; times flies when you’re watching TV.

I put my dishes from hours ago in the sink and walk towards my room. My laptop sits on my desk so I grab it and hop onto my un-made bed. As I wait for it log on I stare mindlessly at the wall. Next thing I know my laptop is saying in that cheesy animated voice "You've got mail".

I click onto the email button and see it’s from, none other than, Jake:

Hey dude, Just wanting to see when you’re going to post. You still want this ones’ info? 

Jake

By 'info' he means the fact that every week he'll find out the contact info for the girl so I can contact her. Well I reply back and tell him:

I'll be posting soon. Don't get ur panties in a twist. And I doubt you'll find much on this one, but you can try.

LD

He probably really won't find much since I doubt Alexis has her number in every guy’s phone, but you never know with girls these days. I log onto my page and am about to update it when I see Troy IM me. Great. I so want to talk to him right now. NOT!

Chicks<3me(Troy): when ya gonna post her?

BedRockr(Me): I would within the next 5 min, but im talkin to you rite now....

Chicks<3me: then i'll leave u 2 it ;)

BedRockr: thnx.

After I say goodbye to Troy I go to my page. Where the first thing you see it a picture of Katy for her senior pictures and her name in some fancy cursive font I found. Okay Luke, you can do this. I keep telling myself that as I go to her Facebook and pick the prettiest picture there. Well they’re all pretty... Again! Damn, she's screwing with me again! After I get her pic I edit it and put her name under it. Hit [submit] and 5 minutes later I'm hounded with 20 comments all ranging from who the hell is this Luke???!! To why her?? There are better girls out there! or my personal favorite: Who? It's so simple, yet it’s different from the "Who the hell is this". Only because 'Who?' is saying she's not even heard of, while the other is more of they know her, dislike her, and she's unpopular so she shouldn't be counted.

I really should've seen this coming. I mean Alexis is far from popular. Not that that's bad, because it isn't, but that just means she's gonna be getting a lot of very much un wanted attention now that everyone knows her name and face. I really am caring too much for her! Since when did I get so thoughtful? Just the word being thought is scary...Never, and I mean never, have I thought so much about this game.

Women; I’ve heard they can do crazy things to a man, but this is just plain RIDICULOUS! After I log out, ignoring all the bullshit from people, I decide to turn in early. It's only nine, but I'm gonna need the sleep, now that almost half the school is probably gonna be on my back tomorrow.

I drift off to a dreamless sleep, but my last thought is What will Alexis say?