Harassed

Chapter 7:  Harassed

"Hey bro! Why'd you choose this Alexis chick?" Says Tony. (He's one the airhead juniors on the football team with me.)

And let the harassment begin.

When I checked my profile this morning I had over 30 notifications all having something to do with Alexis' picture. It’s ridiculous that everyone is freaking out just because she isn't popular. I mean it's not like she's ugly. I can't wait for school to be over!

"Does it really matter why I picked her?" I retort.

"Well no, but I mean she's like a nobody..." He trails off.

"Well everyone’s gonna have to deal with it, because she's who I picked. I don't know what all the fuss is about. I've picked every other girl around here and no one cares; I pick one out of the ordinary girl and half the school goes nuts." 

"Whoa, man. No need to get fired up. Just chill."

I leave without giving him a reply. If everyone is gonna bite my head off today then I might as well skip, because this is absolutely absurd. Its one chick, it's not like I picked some nerd. I guess I' gonna have to suck it up and be a man. I choose Alexis and everyone will just have to deal with their shit, and leave me to it.

Just as I'm about to go to lunch a few hours later I see Alexis walking down the hall. She looks okay to me, and all day she hasn't tried to speak to me. Maybe she just doesn't care; it's Alexis of course she cares. I'm almost forcing her to have sex, and yet she seems unaffected. If anything she looks paranoid. And that’s when I see Jessica and her "gang" walk by her and give her a dirty look. Alexis just stands by and shrugs it off.

What if she doesn't even know? There's that stupid voice again!

But it, whatever it is, is right. What if she really doesn't? I wonder if I can just start a relationship with her, and her not even know it. Then just pay Jake his money, and forget all about the website... I think that is gonna be my plan. I'm going to win over Alexis Walker’s heart, the old fashioned way!

I walk over to her at her locker. And lean against it with my arms crossed against my chest, and feet crossed at my ankles. “Hi Alexis."

She slowly turns her head to look at me. She probably has no idea what I'm doing next to her, especially if she doesn’t know. "Hi Luke. Is there something you need?"

"I wanted to make sure you’re okay from the other day." That actually wasn't my real intention. My real one was to come ask her out, but we'll get there I guess.

"Oh, ya. I'm fine. I dumped his ass this morning." She replies, her voice full of confidence.

"Good for you Alexis. Would you like to grab a coffee, or something?" Where the hell did that come from? I have no freaking idea.

"Why, Luke Daniels are you asking me out?"

Damn! She's good...”Uh...Uh...yes." She is making me stutter! Something is wrong with this chick if she can make me, Luke Anthony Daniels, stutter.

She gets a real evil smirk on her face, "Nice to know. And yes."

"Yes what?" Now she got me off track with the stuttering thing.

"Yes, I'll go get some coffee with you, but it'll have to be later, I have Track until four."

"How bout I pick you up around 6 then?"

She thinks about it. "Sure. I can do that. Here's my address and phone number." She finds a scrap of paper in her locker and writes down her information. That was a piece of cake!

"I'll see you tonight then." That was pretty lame.

"Tonight. Bye Luke." She closes her locker door, and walks off to the cafeteria. I walk through the cafeteria doors a few moments later and see her sitting with a few girls. I walk over to the lunch line and just order something random to eat. As soon as I have my lunch I go and sit down with my friends and instantly am bombarded with questions.

"What the hell is with you Luke?" Says Troy.

"Who is she? She's not even popular. We don't even know who she is." Says Ryan.

"Damn it everyone just shut up!" I yell to them.

Instant silence between them. I cannot deal with this! It's a girl for goodness sake.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. That damn voice again!

After a few minutes of silence, Jake breaks in, "Seriously guys, Luke is allowed to pick who he wants and why. This was made clear when we started this."

What would I do without him, I give him a nod, and just let the conversation go on, and before I even realize it lunch is over. Only 4 more bells till I can go home and prepare for my date with Alexis!

***

My last bell of the day is Science. God do I hate it, too. My annoying teacher Miss Thomas is going on and on about how Earthquakes occur. Being seniors, the teachers have to make sure we know everything. Even from when we were like 13. So basically we spend a whole year going over everything.

"Now, class this week we're gonna be doing experiments. Now I've assigned you all a lab partner and don't want to hear any complaints what so ever." I listen for my name as she calls through the list.

"Luke, you'll be with Sasha."