Love and Lust Are Two Different Things

Chapter 21: Love and Lust Are Two Different Things

LUKES POV

Alexis and I stare at the doorway until we hear Sasha’s car door slam and pull out of the driveway.  “Alexis, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know she was gonna do that. I wouldn’t have come if I had known it was her. I don’t know why she really did it, but I…I… I’m just really sorry you had to hear it.” I was rambling, I know. I just, I couldn’t let Alexis think I would cheat on her, because I never would. I just hope she knows me well enough to know I wouldn’t.

I just can’t believe she kissed me! I’m dating Alexis, her sister, for God’s sake! Isn’t that a red flag that she shouldn’t have kissed me to begin with? I get that she liked me for a while, but that means she has to go and kiss me? She could’ve just told me her feelings. It would have been a lot less dramatic, and it could have prevented the fact that Alexis might break up with me now. I really hope she doesn’t do that; it’d break my heart. I can’t lose her after I just got her.

“Luke?!” Alexis says. She’s trying to get my attention.

“What? I’m sorry, Princess. I was thinking too much.”

We both laugh at the fact she usually says that, and now it’s me. She comes over to me and a little smile plays on her lips. “Am I rubbing off on you, already?”

“Alexis, you were rubbing off on me from the moment I saw you. You have no idea how much I’ve changed from before I met you.” As soon as I said it, I regretted it. She’s gonna ask how I was, I know it.

Strange thing is, she doesn’t. She looks at me, and grabs my hand. “C’mon. We need to go somewhere.” She starts pulling me out her door, and into her car.

“Where are we going?” I say as I buckle my seat belt.

“That is a surprise.” She smirks.

***

Turns out, it wasn’t really a surprise. She took me to our spot on the mountain. I laid the blanket down she had in her car down, and sat down. I pulled her between my legs so her back was on my chest. We watched the sun go down together. It felt so right to have her in my arms as we lay there. She fit perfectly against my body, and every time we kissed fireworks shot through our bodies.

For a while we didn’t say a word. Only observing the sunlight get dimmer and dimmer.  I break the silence and say “Alexis?”

“Yes?” She whispers.

“I’m sorry. About earlier. I didn’t know she would do that…” I was about to start rambling again, till Alexis moved out of my grasp and turned around.

She sat facing me, and we looked at each other for a moment before she spoke. “Luke, I don’t care that she kissed you. My only care in the world is that we stay together. I can’t let a little thing like that destroy us, and you shouldn’t either. There are gonna be more people that come along and flirt with the other. There are even gonna be people who don’t like us together. But we have to learn that no matter what they say, we only care about what we think of each other.”

I stare at her for a moment. “I’m ready to face those people together if you are.”

“Luke Anthony Daniels, I was born ready.”  I see a little lust in her eyes. I think she’s remembering the other night…

“Good, because so am I.” I pause and stretch my hand out to her. “Now come here.” My voice getting husky.

“Why?” She smirks.

“Just come here.”

She shakes her head no. I give her a smirk of my own. Then I go over to her and lay her down. My leg rests between hers, and the lust in her eyes becomes more and evident.  “Now, Princess, what’s with the lust in your eyes?” I pause and pretend to think of the answer, when in the end I know it. “You want us to make love again?” Her blush answers my question. “Well, my dear that is not going to happen.”

I back away, and sit back against the tree. Stretching my legs out in front of me.

She takes in my position, and asks “Why not?” I a little disappointment in her voice.

“Because, I love and lust are two different things. And I’m afraid I never told you I loved you yet.”

She comes over to me, and lays her head on my chest. “You just did.” She whispers to me.

I look in her magnificent blue eyes, and say “I love you Alexis Marie Walker.”

She smiles, and says “I love you more Luke Anthony Daniels.” And she kisses me.