Tough Dad

Chapter 8: Tough Dad

Sasha, as in Sasha Colts. Alexis' best friend, Sasha Colts? Yes!

Rrrrriiiinnnnnggg

That'll be the bell! I walk over to Sasha’s' desk, "So, when would you like me to come over?" I ask. I know it won't be tonight since I have my date, but more importantly, Miss Thomas never told us what we're doing.

"Well, I guess we can do tomorrow after school. I'll have to see what I'm doing. Just text me." And after giving me her phone number, she leaves. I can tell she thinks I won't help, but I'm gonna. I mean even a player has to keep a decent grade or no more sports. Sure my C+ average could improve, but as long as my grades stay above that, I'm all good to play sports. And where would this school be without me then?

***

Its 5:30 and my date with Alexis is in half an hour. I check myself out in the mirror one more time. I think she'll like it; tan cargo shorts, and a green polo. Not high-class, and certainly not underdressed. It's only coffee, not a ball. I should be cool with this.

On the way over to Alexis' house I can't help but think about her dad. I really hope he's not one of those real stern ones. I mean it's just coffee... for now at least. Please be nice at least; that's all I need to work with. 20 minutes later, I'm pulling up to her drive.

Her house looks like it's out of a magazine. With the pale yellow-I think its yellow- paint on the exterior, and perfectly mowed grass. As well as beautiful flower beds in the front, well you might as well of cut it out of Home and Gardens or something. I walk up the stone walkway to the front door, knock three times and wait. My palms are so sweaty; it's just coffee!

The door opens, and what I can only guess is her father answers. "Come in, Luke." He widens the door so I can come in.

"Thank you, sir." Turn on charm now, or you’re screwed. "Is Alexis almost ready?"

"Yes, she'll be done in a minute." He replies. I can see him eyeing me out of the corner of my eye. I just hope I pass.

"I'll be right down Luke!" I hear Alexis yell from somewhere upstairs.

Her father replies before I can, "its okay Alexis. Take your time." This would so be the time to panic! "So, Luke, where do you plan on taking my daughter this evening?" It's not like he made his emphasis on 'my' clear; no, he couldn't have made it more obvious. Great.

"I was planning on taking her out to the coffee shop on Vine St., is that okay Mr. Walker or do you want me to pick somewhere else?"

"That's incredibly fine. Would you like to me my wife?" He asks.

"Sure. I'd love to meet Mrs. Walker." What I really want to do is leave with your daughter, but that won't be happening anytime soon I suppose. I thought to myself, but wouldn't dare say it out loud.

He disappears for a few minutes, but as soon as he goes through another door way Alexis steps out from upstairs and walks downstairs. My oh my, she looks pretty sexy in a light pink sundress, and her hair done with a little wave in it. As she approaches the last few steps I hold my hand out to her.

"Thanks."

"You’re welcome Alexis. You look really pretty."

"Really? It's nothing to special. Since we were just going for coffee."

"You look perfect." I say.

Her mother and father walk back into the room. "Hi, I'm Mary, Alexis' mom. And you must be Luke." Her mother says addressing me.