Chapter 30: The Anchor

Dylan’s eyes are glued to me. His piercing stare makes me even more nervous. Why is he still here if Blake is the only one talking to me?

“Well?” Dylan urges.

“Uh, I’m n-not involved with Ash.” I pause for a second. “Anymore.” I mutter.

Dylan’s eyes widen. He automatically looks at my mark. He finally connected the dots. He understands that Ash’s mark is on my neck.

“I’m gonna kill him!” He swears.

Blake looks at Dylan. “Calm down. You’re not going to hurt him.”

“No, I seriously am!” Dylan claims.

“Dylan, relax. You’re going to hurt yourself if you get so angry.” I warn.

“So, if you’re not involved with Ash anymore, why did he come to the house?” Blake questions.

This is my chance to come clean, I can’t lie to Blake or Dylan. I look at the ground to show that I’m ashamed of my answer. Dylan sits on the couch next to me.

“Blake, I could take it from here.” Dylan offers.

Hearing Blake’s footsteps out of the room, I look up at Dylan. Blake actually left.

“Did you sleep with him?” Dylan instantly questions.

Tears flood my eyes. I remember that night. Everything was so clear. His violent kisses, his aggressive touch, his voice; all of it made me sick.

“Please, I need an answer.” Dylan begs.

“Yeahh, I-I did.” I mumble.

Anger paints on Dylan’s face. “How could you do something so stupid?”

Tears easily glide down my watery eyes. I am in no rush to hide them. Dylan’s eyes are still locked on me, as if he was still waiting for me to answer him.

“And he marked you?” He questions.

I gently nod my head to answer him. Too ashamed to even make eye contact with him, I close my eyes. I feel a warm a hand on my cheek. Seconds later, I feel Dylan’s lips press against mine. The thing is, I don’t try to pull back.

His velvet lips rub against mine. We kiss for what seems like hours. Once Dylan pulls back, I open my eyes. His warm hand lightly rubs my cheek.

“Everything’s going to be fine.” He pauses. “I don’t blame you for anything, you couldn’t help it. Your wolf was going crazy because it is Mating Season, you two were alone, and he bit you. I get it. I’m just upset with him for taking advantage of you.”

I look down at my fingers.

“But, what about us? I still love you and Scarlet, I would never hurt you.” Dylan reminds.

His finger slips under my chin. He gently lifts my head to meet his beautiful eyes.

“Please.” He whispers.

“Dylan, I’m going to be honest with you.” I pause to search in my head for the right words to say to him.

“I love you, with all my heart. I’ve always dreamt of marrying you and having children. A lot of children. A bunch of children. Boatloads of children. Enough to fill multiple houses. So many children that we couldn’t even manage to think about what to name them.” I stop talking to look at the smile on his face.

“But now that Ash marked me, there’s no way for making sure that he won’t have something over me. I prefer not to be with you because I’m scared that I’ll hurt you by getting involved with Ash again. In reality, I want you but my wolf wants Ash.” I explain.

I take the time to study his poker face. He stares back at me with those deadly yet amazing forest green eyes. After a couple minutes, He leans in and kisses my forehead.

“Since you told me what you dream about, How about I tell you about what I dream about?” He offers.

“Ever since I saw you, I knew that you were the one I wanted. Once I learned that we belonged to a pack of werewolves, I got excited. I was so sure that you were going to be my mate. And if we were mates, I knew that it would give us an excuse to have pups at such a young age. I wanted pups. A lot of pups. So much pups that you would be driven crazy from trying care of them.” He pauses.

I smile at the thought. We both want the same thing from each other, Children.

“What about Riley?” I question.

“What about her? She betrayed me.” Dylan reminds. “But you, My love, will always be in my heart.”

I blush and reach in for a kiss. Once our lips meet, Dylan presses his hand on the back of my neck to make our kiss last longer.

“I love it when you call me your love.” I mutter.

“I call you that because you are my love. And you always will be, no matter what happens.” Dylan notifies. “Marry me.”

“You’re so sweet.” I whisper.

“Scarlet, Marry me.” He says in a louder voice.

I stay silent.

“Are you serious?” I question.

“Dead serious.” He claims.

He slowly drops down on one knee in front of me. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a ring. Not just any ring, my mother’s wedding ring. I always waited for the day that I could proudly wear it around my finger. It’s been pasted down from generation to generation. It was a tradition to give it to the eldest daughter of your family.

“How did you get my mother’s ring?” I question off topic.

“Your dad gave it to me.” He pauses. “Marry me.”

“But why now?” I ask.

“Why not now?” He counter acts.

"Aren't we too young?" I remind.

"I could wait." He pauses. "Scarlet, please just say Yes. I need to know that you're willing to stay with me."

Stay with him? Is this a way in which he thinks that he can tie me down; To make sure that I don't randomly go running off to Ash? I wouldn't blame him, I can't even control my actions anymore.

Everything is perfect. The ring sparkles in Dylan’s soft hand. Dylan’s eyes glimmer back at me through the low lighting. Saying Yes to Dylan would give me his last name, his love, and his happiness. I’ve waited for the moment that a man would drop down in front of me on one knee since I was little.

“Scarlet, Will you make me the happiest man in the world by being my wife?” Dylan offers.

Before I have time to even say a word, I catch sight of something. Something that makes me incapable of even answering his question.

A/N: Sorry for the sucky short chapter.