Chapter 20: From All the Lies

I wake up and look around the room. I lightly touch my head. I glare at the blood on the pillow, maybe the blood went through the bandage. I slowly get up and make my way out of the room. I glance around. Where am I? 

“Good morning.” A male voice greets me.

I turn around and stare at him. His hair has ruffles through it. He wears checkred pants and no shirt. It’s looking at him shirtless that kills me. I mean, I don’t know him but his packs are pretty good looking. I find myself staring at him a bit too much. I look up to meet his eyes and blush. He smiles.

“Morning.” I reply to cover the awkwardness.

He clears his throat before speaking. “How did you sleep?”

I can’t remember anything about him. Who is he? Please let him be my boyfriend, or husband I would take ether. I wanna say something cheesy like, I sleep fine, I would’ve slept better if I was in your arms. But I don’t know who he is to me. He could be my fricken brother for all I know, now that would be horrible.

“I slept fine. How did you sleep?” I respond while trying to keep my eyes off of his perfectly toned body.

“I slept great, thank you for asking. Are you hungry? We could make pancakes.” He offers.

Oh he cooks? He is like a package deal.

“I would love to make pancakes.” I announce.

“Good, but first.” He pauses to step closer to me.

I stop breathing for a second. I might’ve even peed myself. He dabs a towel on the side of my head. He still looks so cute cleaning away the blood that I have no clue how it got on my head.

“There. I may have to put another bandage on it.” He begins.

Another excuse to have him closer to me. I smile at the sight of dogtags hanging from his neck. This whole picture of him is beautiful. Think! Is he somehow related to me? I press my lips together. I find my eyes trickling down his chest. I’m amazed at how fit he is.

“Are you okay?” He asks in a worried expression.

My eyes dart up to his face. I may have been staring too long. He smiles at my shocked expression.

“Maybe you should lay down on the couch while I make you breakfast.” He begins.

But I don’t want to lay on the couch, I want to make pancakes with him. He steps near me and picks me up bridal style. I hang my arms around his neck and smile. Maybe he isn’t my brother. He gently places me down on the couch, my hands are still hung on his neck. My arms make him still stay grounded. He looks down at me.

“This is the part where you’re supposed to let go.” He mutters.

“The thing is, I don’t want to let go...” I instantly reply.

Did that come out of my mouth? Dang it, he must thing that I’m some crazed weirdo now. Instead, of pulling away he smiles. He lays on the couch and rolls over. Now, I’m on top of him. My hand lays on his bare chest. I blush at the way he looks at me. He kisses my neck.

“Why don’t we let today be our lazy day? All we would have to do is lay around and do whatever.” He proposes. 

Honestly, doing anything with his guy sounds nice. I feel bad that I don’t know his name first. Would it be too silly to ask?

“I was kinda looking forward to those pancakes though.” I admit.

He smiles. “Then come help me make them.”

I lay my head on his chest. He gently rubs my head.

“But I don’t want to move.” I mutter.

“I don’t want to move ether.” He comments.

I blush and look up at him. I stare at his smile. Oh my goodness. He has dimples! I lay my hand on his cheek. His skin is warm and inviting. I don’t know his name, would it be bad to kiss him? Yeah, that would be bad. 

“Come on. If you make pancakes with me, I’ll let you lick the spoon.” He offers.

I lift my head up. “Fine.”

He picks me up and sets me on my feet.

“I’ll be back, I’m going to put a shirt on.” He announces.

That made my heart sink. He rushes into another room. I fold my arms across my chest. He comes back in the room with different pants too. I stare at his shirt and smile.

“Your shirt is on backwards.” I note.

“Oh...” He mutters while looking down at his shirt.

“It’s fine, I got this.” I say.

I step close to him and grab his shirt from the bottom. I slowly pull it up to revel his body again. I flip the shirt over and place his head over the shirt’s hole. I tug on the shirt to make it slide downwards. He looks at me in amazement.

“There.” I whisper.

“Thank you.” He responds.

“Anytime.” I reply.

“I might take you up on that.” He mutters.

I can feel my cheeks begin to blush. He lets his dimples show when he smiles. He grabs my hand and leads me to the kitchen. He puts ingredients on the counter like eggs and milk. He applies all the ingredients into the bowl and hands me a spoon.

“You have to mix.” He orders.

I lazily grab the spoon and begin to slowly mix.

“You’re doing it wrong.” He mutters.

He places his arms around me and secures his hands over mine. He begins to make a faster stirring motion. This would’ve been a better moment if he still had his shirt off. I look up at him and his gaze catches mine. He stops stirring but his arms are still wrapped around me. I turn around to face him. He laughs.

“Your hair is messed up.” He notes.

“So is yours.” I point out.

“Mine only takes five seconds to fix, you take hours!” He exclaims.

“Shut up.” I mutter.

He smiles. I grab the tip of the spoon and use it to poke his dimple. I notice that I got batter all over his cheek. He grabs the spoon and wipes it on my mouth. By doing that he fills my mouth with batter.

“Oh sorry. I guess I have to clean up the mess I made-” He begins.

He leans closer by my lips. Instead of kissing me, he actually wipes my face clean with a napkin. I want to smack him. He smiles at my annoyed look. He knows exactly what I want from him.

“Go watch television while I cook the pancakes.” He orders.

I slowly drag my feet against the tiles. I jump on the couch and reach for the TV remote. I flip through the channels and find nothing to watch. I just stop flipping through channels when I see a picture of a boy with beautiful hazel eyes. I listen to the newscast.

“Reports of seven-teen year old Nathan Parker missing from his home in Maine a couple of hours ago. Uniforms have found a body in a ditch near the neighborhood he disappeared from. So far the body matches the boy’s description. No other words have been released from the police or the family.” The newscaster reports.

My mouth runs dry. Nathan. I know that name and I remember those hazel eyes. But who is he to me? And is he dead? Logan walks over to me with the pancakes. Logan, that’s his name. He sets the plate in my hands. I’m too sick to eat. I want to know if Nathan is alright.