Chapter 27: Looking For Explanations

I wake up due to knocking on my door. I look outside the window to see bright sunlight peer through. While standing up, I notice a pain on my neck. It must have been from sleeping on the floor. I unlock the door and open it to see Ash. This should be good.

“What are you doing here?” I ask him.

“I should be asking you that same question.” He reminds.

“You said that you would take me home after your meeting, which you didn’t so I thought that-“ I begin.

“Still doesn’t give you a reason to just leave!” He claims.

“I told you I was leaving!” I remind.

“When?” He questions.

“When you were drunk.” I inform him. By the look on his face I can tell that he remembers.

“Scarlet, I-” He begins.

“I don’t want to hear it.” I announce. “Now leave.”

He follows orders and walks downstairs. I didn’t hear the front door slam shut. I let out a sigh. He’s still downstairs, I could tell because of his sent. I lazily walk to the kitchen to see Ash.

“Please just let me explain.” He begs.

My eyes lock on his. I can easily spot the desperation in his eyes. I do deserve an explanation, it doesn’t mean that I will forgive him.

“Fine, but we can’t talk here.” I pause. “How did you even get inside of my house?”

“The door was unlocked.” He admits with a smirk. “And, my family has a cabin. It’s vacant but it’s in a private area on our land. I think that’s where we should talk.”

Part of me doesn’t want to trust him. That part of me is my human self. The only reason my wolf wants to go with him is because she’s in love with him. It’s silly to see myself as two different people but that’s how I feel right now.

“What about my dad?” I question.

“It’s only going to be for a while.” He pauses to see my expression. “He won’t even know that you’re gone.”

I’m still hesitating on trusting him. Go with him, my wolf demands. Let’s face it, sometimes my wolf is the dominant side of me.

“Fine, just for a couple of minutes. Promise?” I say.

“I Promise.” He replies.

I walk up to him and grab his hand. I lead him out the door and we begin to walk. Our hands swing together as we walk. I’m afraid or letting go. A wide smile paints his face.

You know, I can read your mind right? Since we both marked each other.

I roll my eyes. You really should stay out of my mind. It’s not a good way to gain my trust back.

I thought I already had your trust back. I mean you are holding my hand.

With that commented, I quickly let go of Ash’s hand. My hand makes a fist so that his fingers can’t catch a grip of mine. Ash’s hand lays on top of my fist. His fingers gently rub my hand to get me to hold his hand again.

“Please.” Ash begs out loud.

He stops walking causing me to stop walking.

“Please.” He repeats.

I finally let his fingers interlock with mine again.

“Come on, we have to get going if we want to get you home before your dad notices.” He reminds.