Chapter 41: Oblivious

N/A: This chapter is dedicated to Pariz_Love. Happy Birthday! I know that I'm late in posting this but thanks for sticking with it.

I took a deep breath before speaking.

“I got some sugar and cream from the supermarket.” I announced while swiftly turning my back to place the items on the counter.

I then heard a voice. “You’re a fast walker.”

“Pardon me?” I sharply replied, turning to face Dylan’s father.

My clutched my hands and waited for a response.

“You said that you went for a walk.” Mr. Marlowe took his glass of water and gave it a sip. “The supermarket is quite a long walk away and you came back so quickly.”

My eyes followed Dylan. He shifted his weight back and placed his hands on the chair. He may be the Beta, but he’s still in no position to question his own father.

“So, who were you with?” Mr. Marlowe set down his glass and began to scratch his prickly beard.

I rubbed my hands on my beige sweater. Could he maybe smell Ash’s and Nathan’s scent? That can’t really be possible. I only looked at him because I was unable to answer.

“Answer me.” Mr. Marlowe ordered.

Dylan flinched at the sound of his own father’s voice, as if he was hearing it for the first time.

My phone began to ring. Looking at the screen, I signed. “What’s up, Blake?”

“Open the door. I’ve been standing out here for ages!” He screamed into the phone.

“Ouch! Blake, please don’t scream into the phone.” Mr. Marlowe’s eyes followed me as I moved towards the door. “I didn’t even lock the door.” I placed the phone on the counter while my hands gripped onto the doorknob.

I gave the door a tug and it opened easily. “You could have just entered.”

“That would have been rude.” Blake then brushes past me.

“What are you, a vampire?”

Blake playfully smiled. “Easy there.”

“I mean did you even ring the doorbell?” I muttered.

“Yeah I did. The thing must be broken.” Blake informed.

For once in my life, I’ve never been happier that Blake showed up here. It was almost as the pressure in the air increased with Blake in the room. He could sense it. Of course he could. “What’s going on?”

“Maybe you would like to explain what you were doing with that man.” Mr. Marlowe called out.

My eye twitched. I knew that Mr. Marlowe didn’t like me, but I never thought that he would turn to actually calling me out. “

I could feel Blake and Dylan’s eyes on me. “Ash drove me to the supermarket. Big whoop.”

Blake stepped towards me. Never has he appeared so tall and so dominant. “Ash? You mean, the man who messed with Riley. The one who shot you. The one who-“

“I’m aware of who he is.” I had to stop him before he went farther.

“Did he force you to go with him?” Dylan questioned.

“No, he didn’t force me!” I let the counter support my weight because I couldn’t bare to stand.

“Then why would you do something like that?” Dylan almost yelled. “He’s a criminal.”