Chapter 5: Moving In

My dad stares at Dylan. Dylan stands strong his eyes are locked on my dad. My dad walks over to the kitchen table and pulls the chair out. He gestures for Dylan to sit.

“Have a seat Mr. Marlowe.” My dad orders.

This isn’t good. I notice two things. The first thing I noticed is that he is calling Dylan by his last name. The second thing that I noticed is that my dad is ordering his own Beta. I hold my breath as Dylan leaves my side to sit in the chair. My dad’s gaze meets mine. I look down on the ground.

“Now, I gave you my blessing, I understand that. But your father, he doesn’t want you dating and he has a good reasons. Do you know those reasons?” My father informs.

“No Sir.” Dylan replies.

“Because you’re a werewolf. Werewolves have mates. My daughter, she’s not your mate. I’m fine with her dating who she wants because it’s her life, but I need you to answer something for me. What’s going to happen when you find your mate?” My dad explains.

Dylan sits quietly in his chair. No response. It’s a tricky question, I admit that but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want a response.

“Let me tell you what’s going to happen. Your wolf is going to take over you. Thus resulting you leaving my daughter into broken little pieces. Which will make me want to leave you in broken pieces.” My dad pauses. “Even if you manage to fight your wolf, you’ll still be rejecting your mate and her father may not be to thrilled with that.”

“So your saying that I shouldn’t be involved with your daughter?” Dylan asks.

I love how they talk about me like I’m not in the room. 

“No, I’m saying do what you want but make sure you think things through.” My dad clarifies. “Oh, and if my daughter ends up pregnant, I’m blowing your head off.”

My eyes widen. Did my dad just say that out loud?

“Dad!” I yell.

“What? You don’t believe me, Do you want me to show you the gun?” My dad offers.

“No thank you!” I respond.

My dad stares at Dylan again. He pats Dylan’s back.

“Good chat!” My dad yells while walking out the door.

The first thing I hear is Blake’s laughter. I turn to look at the idiot next to me and I punch his arm.

“Ouch! What was that for?” Blake reacts while rubbing his arm.

“You were laughing!” I remind.

Blake retrieves a smile. I dart my eyes to Dylan. He silently sits in the chair. He wears a blank expression on his face. I bite my lip, It scares me how he’s thinking. I wish I could read his mind to find out what goes through it.

Dylan finally glances up and catches my gaze. Dylan stands up and walks out the door. This actions said what he was thinking about. I glance at Blake and his smile disappears. I hang my head low and climb up the stairs.

I walk into my room and close the door. I jump on my bed and let my tears flow. At some point, I just blackout.

I wake up to the buzzing of of my alarm clock. I wake up and get ready for school. I go downstairs to find Dylan.

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

“I was going to give you a ride...” He explains.

“Oh, I just thought that- Never mind.” I reply.