Chapter 17: New Options

I open my eyes to see Ash hovering over me with the gun pointed in the air. I’m still laying on the ground with my arm bleeding. I need to clean my wound before it becomes infected. I stand up and notice the blood that drips from my elbow to my legs. I glance at the other side. Blake stares at the gun in the air.

“Can you please put the firearm away there is a child with us.” Blake kindly asks.

Tristan, My eyes scan the pack until they land on Tristan. His innocent eyes glare back at me.

“Make me.” Ash challenges.

I look at Ash with a firm look. “Just put the gun away.”

“Excuse me, who is the one that gives the orders around here, you or me?” Ash questions while turning to me.

I gently place my hand on the top of the gun and push it down. “How hard is it to put a gun away? Lazy ass.”

He moves his arm so that the barrel hits my jaw. I land on the ground with my back to towards the sky. I hear small footsteps and see small shoes from the conner of my eye.

“Red!” Tristan yells.

I look up at him. Why didn’t they hold him back better? I guess no one was paying attention. I look directly into his eyes.

“Why are you bleeding?” Tristan asks softly.

“Because I am hurt. I’m fine.” I reply.

“Are you coming home now?” Tristan questions.

I look back at Blake. “Am I?”

“Scarlet, I’m sorry it’s just that-” Blake begins.

Ash points the gun at Tristan. My eyes widen and I get up on my feet. It’s one thing to point a gun at me but another to point it at a child. I stand in between the gun and Tristan.

“What would you give to get one of them home alive?” Ash asks. “Move.”

“No.” I reply firmly.

Tristan takes my hand. His skin is cold. I stand as solid as a rock.

“This is my land, the penalty for trespassing is death.” Ash reminds.

“Then what about one of your members that trespassed? That wouldn’t be fair.” I admit.

“I’m fine with killing both of them. Did you know the man that trespassed is your precious Nathan?” Ash informs.

“You wouldn’t kill him. He’s your own brother. How cold hearted are you? Wait no, you aren’t cold hearted, in order to be you would have had to have a heart first.” I announce.

“Nathan? I don’t care about him, did you know that he’s adopted? He could go fall in a hole for what I care. He is always going to be useless-” Ash begins.

“No. He isn’t useless. He’s more of a man then you will ever be.” I quickly reply.

“Why because he fought for you?” Ash questions.

“No, because he never hits me. The only times he ever laid a hand on me was to comfort me, to hug me, to hold me. But you, all you do is abuse me. The sick part is that you enjoy breaking me. I feel sorry for who ever is your mate because they will have to spend the rest of their life with a bastard. Sure you are Alpha, but you don’t see Blake hitting people! One day, you will die slowly and painfully.” I counteract.

Ash breathes in. I wonder if he heard anything that I said at all. “Ladies first.” He mutters while pointing the gun at me.

I step forward and press the gun at my forehead. My finger is over the one that he has over the trigger. My eyes lock on him.