Things getting serious

When she got home,she visited the families whom were alright then visited the ones are still in the hospital then visited the grieving families.She visited old friend of hers who was in a nursing home.He was a world war two veteran.She brought a book and something to eat with her.Once she got into his room,she gave him the food and ate together.She opened the book and started reading to him.During this time,the team walked in with a smile.She noticed them once she was finished reading.She put her book into her bag and threw the trash away for him.She walked out with."We did catch him."Abby said in comforting tone."Who is he exactly?"Gibbs asked."Daniel McDonald.He's world war two veteran.He has family but they refuse to visit him."Kayla said."How sad?!"Abby said.Kayla nodded in agreement.Next few days,she stayed at home and took care of Jackson while resting up from her trip.She started to get use the idea of working for her father Gibbs.She and Nick had talking for days about a few things.Even at work without anyone noticing it.She did fix the computer that was hacked when she left."I'm glad I learned my lesson on that prank."Alex said."And thank you for fixing it."Bishop said.Kayla nodded with an awkward smile."Of course,any time."She said to them.She couldn't be any more happier at the moment.She couldn't wait her future would look like,specially there.She received a call from the nursing home that she been visiting.She heard the world war two man died.She received a call from the man's lawyer about his will.A week later,she went to the veteran's funeral.She was the only one besides the lawyer.Which it was really sad knowing he had a family.She didn't was in store in the will but took it anyways since it only belongs to her now.When the funeral ended.She went over the will.She now own everything that the man had owned.She went to grab something to eat and went home.