Reunion

Your POV:

It had been a couple weeks since the accident. I hadn't seen Sesshomaru or Rin since then.

I felt so lonely, even when I had Kagome and her lovely family. But... it wasn't the same... I wanted to be with Rin... and with... him...

Suddenly, I was snapped out it by a loud pounding on the door downstairs. I jumped, peeking my head out the door of Kagome's room.

Then I heard the yelling start. And then the recognition. My brother was here.

My eyes widened and I ran down the stairs, skidding to a stop in front of the man I called brother which I haven't seen or spoke to in four years.

"Reo..." I breathed, my heart was pounding.

He stared at me with his cold eyes, "You." His voice was stone, and his eyes burning.

"Wha- what are you doing here...?" I asked, my eyes glassy with slight fear.

He forced his way into the room, "You are coming back to the estate, right now." He growled.

I gasped, "What?! No! I'm not going back there-"

He reached his hand up and slapped me across the face, leaving a stinging sensation and shock in my face and thought.

Kagome gasped, "What the-" She cut herself off once she saw the scorching heat from his glare.

"This has nothing to do with you, girl." He spat, grabbing my wrist harshly.

I gulped and hung my head, "Okay... I'll go..." I choked out, my heart burning in shame.

"No... don't go with him..." Kagome begged, still keeping her distance.

"It's okay," I faked a smile, "I'll be fine..." I said as I was led away by my angry brother.

Kagome's POV:

I watched as ____ was led away, he looked so scared but had a sense of bravery around him.

A strange wave of panic washed over me and I couldn't breathe. No sooner had I started to gasp for breath did Inuyasha walk into the room.

His eyes widened and he ran over and held me in his arms, telling me to calm down and whisper gentle things. I loved when he got calm around me.

I smiled and leaned into him, finally catching my breath.

"So... what happened?" Inuyasha asked, "Where's ____?" We we're sitting side by side on my bed.

"____.... a man came here... and slapped him, telling him he was 'going back to the estate'.. wherever that is." I told him, "He looked so scared. He knew him as he said his name, but he was scared and the man was treating him harshly."

"Slapped him? He hurt him?" Inuyasha looked surprised. Then he narrowed his eyes in thought, "I have a feeling Sesshomaru won't like this."

"What makes you say that?" I asked curiously. Did something happen?

"Well, it turns out that Sesshomaru marked ___." Inuyasha scratched his head with a raised brow.

"Hm? Marked?"

He faced me, "When a full blooded demon bites a mortal or another demon, basically anything that has a mind and body, while using a bit of demon magic, they can mark a person and claim them as theirs. They can always know their position on the land they walk on. It kind of like, what is it that you have...? Uh... GPS. That, I think." He explained but he looked annoyed.

"Oh! Oh! Okay!" I gasped, that's why he blamed himself for not being able to protect him!! "why do you look so put off?"

He sighed and scratched behind his ear, "Because, Sesshomaru isn't the type of person to mark anything. So if he actually chose to mark ____, then that is proof he actually has feelings and will not be too happy to find his person being treated badly."

"Ah, makes sense." I smiled slightly. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha had learned to patch things up. They still fought constantly, but it was more of a bicker. No hatred between them. The cause was probably Rin, she changed Sesshomaru after being in his care.

He leaned into my side, his silver hair tickling my neck, "Let's go tell him soon. As much as he annoys me... he's still my brother..." he mumbled.

"Haha! He would say the same about you. It's funny, you two would have said you hated each other just a couple months ago." I mused.

He rolled his eyes, "You're sewing weird things. We just aren't fighting over stupid swords and powers anymore." He defended.

I got up and he followed suit before we left the room and to the well.