Sesshomaru

Your POV:

I was tired. Rin and I were walking for a few hours straight. "Riin, can't we take a break?" I complained.

I admit. I'm a lazy person. Rin looked at me before nodding, "Yeah, it might be for the best in case any demons show up."

I shivered at the thought. Though, I did kill one with a stick. "You're right." I agreed. We set up a small campfire to keep us warm. I looked over to her and saw that she looked sad.

"Rin," she looked up, "Don't be sad... We'll find him soon. I'm sure of it." I assured, placing a hand on her knee.

She sniffled and nodded, "Yo-You're right... He'll find us just as we find him..." She murmured.

I smiled softly and pulled her close to my chest, "You can go to sleep... I'll keep watch..." I whispered.

She nodded and cuddled closer to me, "Thank you, ____..." She thanked before slowly falling into a peaceful sleep.

Man... What was I to do? From what she said... Lord Sesshomaru was supposed to be this all powerful dog demon. One wrong move and he might actually kill me!

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. No matter. I need to watch over Rin... I thought as I smiled down at her sleeping figure.

I've always wanted a family. I was 19, living alone, and gay. Not exactly a good way to grow up in Japan...

Especially since I was gay. My family and friends shunned me. I was an outsider... No one...

A tear slid down my cheek before I wiped it away with my sleeve. I must protect Rin whatever the cost. I can't let her live like I did. Alone and afraid.

It was morning by time Rin woke up. She stretched her back and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She glanced at me before smiling, "Good morning, ____!"

I laughed softly at her enthusiasm, "Good morning, Rin." I said before helping her stand up. She reached just below my chest, barely above my bottom rib.

She looked around before frowning at my face, "Did you get any sleep?"

I shook my head. "I had to protect you." I told her.

She looked guilty, "I'm sorry... I should have stayed awake with you." She apologized.

I smiled, "Don't apologize! It's fine. I stay awake late all the time anyways." Though I hadn't slept in three days due to being an insomniac.

She nodded and hung onto my arm. She blushed sheepishly, "Sorry... Im just... Scared without Lord Sesshomaru..." She whispered tearily.

I ruffled her hair, "Don't worry! I'm here for you, I won't let you be alone." I reassured.

She squeezed my arm before nodding again. "Okay, thank you." She looked a bit happier.

A few more hours went by and I was exhausted. I hoped nothing bad happens.

"Well well, human meat!"

"Finally, a good meal..."

I paled, great. I should really try not to be so optimistic. Goddamn you mind.

"Rin... Hide behind me..." I whispered, putting my arm in front of the small girl.

She nodded quickly and briskly hid behind my back. I wasn't that tall, only 5'3. Short for an adult male, but at least I was still tall enough to shield her.

The two demons looked like ogres but with ox shaped heads. The green one smirked, "Protecting your daughter, eh?"

"Too bad this'll be the last time you'll see her!" The purple one taunted.

I clenched my jaw and felt my legs go to jelly. Oh god. Please no.

Spots started to blur my vision as I tried to stay awake, Rin was calling for me...

"____!"

I fell. I fell to my knees then onto my side as Rin held onto my back. She was yelling for help...

I was blacking out just as I heard yells from the two demons and a sigh of relief from Rin.

"Lord Sesshomaru...!!"