Twenty Three

Jimin opened his eyes to see Yoongi's face only inces away from his. "Hi," he whispered, smiling at the boy hanging over him. Yoongi's eyes were filled with tears.

Yoongi still held Jimin's head between his hands and moved his head closer to softly kiss Jimin on his lips. He rested his forehead on Jimin's and quietly said: "I am so sorry, Jimin."

Tears were streaming down Yoongi's face. Now Jimin took Yoongi's face between his hand, wiping away his tears with his thumbs. "Shh, it's okay. I'm going to be okay," Jimin said ensuringly.

Jimin tried to sit up, but a numbing pain shot through his body. Tears welled up in his eyes and his face twisted in pain. "Just don't move," Yoongi said carefully helping him lay back down.

All of the sudden Jimin heard his dad clear his throat. Shit, he had totally forgotten his parents were in the room too. He had planned to tell them once he had come home, but I guess it was going to happen now.

"Care to enlighten us, son?" his dad gave him a serious look. Jimin quickly looked at Yoongi who still had watery eyes, but his face had now turned a bright red. He probably must have forgotten about Jimin's parents too.

"Mom, dad, I-eh I should told you this a while ago." Jimin nervously fumbled with his hands. "I don't like girls. I have known that for a while but I never wanted to admit that to myself."

"Until I met Yoongi," Jimin looked up at Yoongi and smiled. "And I am sorry for fighting, I don't know what I was thinking." Jimin looked down embarrassed.

"I just was so mad about Shin-Cho beating up Yoongi and getting away with it. I am really sorry, mom, dad." Jimin finally looked up at his parents.

His father's face was blank, but his mom had tears in her eyes. Jimin felt scared for a moment until his mom walked over to him and hugged him tightly, making Jimin groan in pain.

His mom immediately let him go, but took his face in her hands and kissed his forehead. "I am so glad you told us sweetie, I am sorry if we made you feel like you couldn't tell us sooner. Your dad and I will always love you, no matter what."

Jimin had never loved his mother more than in this moment. His mom turned aroud to look at his dad, who cleared his throat.

"Your mother is right, son, we will always love you. But I am disappointed that you decided to handle things with violence and didn't come to us. However, it is noble thing that you are willing to stand up for your friends," he hestitated a little at the word friends and looked at Yoongi.

Jimin felt his eyes well up. He wished he would have told them sooner, he should have never doubted them. His parents loved him, and they always had.

"Now, we do have to make sure that these guys will never hurt any of you again," his dad said with a serious tone examining Yoongi from head to toe. He looked even worse than a couple days ago, his bruises had turned a deep purple contrasting with his pale skin.

"Dad, it is not that easy. If we turn them in other people will come and hurt Yoongi," Jimin said defeated. Jimin's father looked from Jimin to Yoongi. "And why might that be?" his father sounded sceptical.

Yoongi nervously cleared his throat. "I-eh I don't live in such a nice neighbourhood, sir." Yoongi started, his voice shaking a little. "If I go to the police everyone will see me as a snitch, and they would make my life into a living hell." Yoongi looked down, probably too afraid to look my dad in the eyes.

"Hmm, I see," his dad had a pensive look on his face. Suddenly Namjoon said: "But what if Jimin, Jin and I go to the police? That way you wouldn't have to get involved with the cops, but Shin-Cho would still be taken down!"

Jimin's father turned around to Namjoon. "That could work," his dad said slightly more enthusiastic. "No it won't," Yoongi replied.

Everyone looked back at Yoongi. "They'd know. I mean Shin-Cho knows who you are Jimin, he knows you are my boyfriend." Jimin's heart skipped a beat when he heard Yoongi say boyfriend.

"Boyfriend?" Jimin asked, looking at Yoongi puzzeled. "I mean, eh you know," Yoongi rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. "He knows what you mean to me and so do all the other guys. They would immediately know I was involved in this too."

"We can't just do nothing and let them get away with it!" his father sounded angry now. His mom put a hand on his arm, making his father calm down a little.

"What if Yoongi comes and stays with us while we work all of this out? We can help you find a new place to live," his mom suggested. Jimin was wrong, he could love his mother even more than he had already.

Jimin looked at Yoongi who was staring at his mom wide eyed, not knowing how to react. Jimin grabbed his hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

Yoongi hesitated, but when Jimin father nodded at him he finally agreed. "Okay, thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Park," Yoongi said quietly.

"You don't need to thank us, son. Now, it's time to get these punks off the street," Jimin's father said determined. Jimin was pretty sure that if it would have been fisically possible for his eyes to turn into heart shapes they would have right then and there.

***

Writing this made my heart all warm and fuzzy. I just keep want to thank everyone for reading this story and commenting and voting, I love you.